Fitbit charge 2

Options
sody78
sody78 Posts: 25 Member
Has anyone been using a fitbit charge 2. Based on its calorie burn i must be in deficit everyday????

Replies

• seinfeldlove
    seinfeldlove Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I use a Charge2 and ChargeHR. The Fitbit forums say that the estimated calorie burn is overestimated, so I don't use all the calories it says I've burned.
  • cambridgestylist
    cambridgestylist Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have a Charge 2 and I really like it. I have been unsuccessful in getting it to link to MFP, but I kind of like it better that way. I just go by the MFP recommendations and log my exercise manually. It's working so far.
  • sody78
    sody78 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I like it for exercise and the steps measurement. I have mine linked to MFP but it was putting me off due to the overestimation of cals burned.
  • highlightshadow
    highlightshadow Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    My wife uses one but she acts very cautiously on any 'bonus' calories earned (generally doesn't eat any back)
  • 3rdof7sisters
    3rdof7sisters Posts: 486 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I have a Charge HR. Love it for the motivation it gives me to move more.
    Calories burned is pretty much overestimated for everything that measures calories burned. (ie: the elliptical give me about 650 for 65 minutes, MFP gives me about 900 my fit bit gives me between 570-590). Calories burned is an estimate as it takes in a wide variety of people, M or F, current weight, age, intensity of work out etc.
    Many people do not eat back all the calories, some eat just part of the calories.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    If you are a new Fitbit Charge 2 user, give it at least a week, if not two, to build up a history of your activity and food logging. The Fitbit algorithms initially use general default variables in its equations for someone similar to your gender, height, weight, and age. As it collects more data day by day, it revises the algorithms by using running averages for the variables in the equations. In effect, it "learns" more about you as it gathers more data about you.

When I first synced a Fitbit Charge HR 1.5 years ago, I thought I was getting too many extra Calories, but I trusted it, and it has been working for me. Granted, I was already at maintenance, but it provided me about 10% more Cals than I was eating at the time, so I increased my intake, and the extra food gave me energy to try to reach the 10,000 steps per day goal. I've since changed my step goal to 7500, which is more realistic for me. I have stayed within a 10 pound range for three years now.

I recently upgraded to a Fitbit Charge 2, and it provides estimates that closely match the old Charge HR I was using.

When my weekly Net Cals are Over, I gain, when my weekly Net Cals are Under, I lose. I still track my Calorie intake by weighing all my food and verifying all of the new food entries I use in MFP with outside sources.

You may want to check out the MFP Fitbit Users group here...

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users