First day of the rest of my life

Options
Hello everyone... I am in need of a new way of life.. I am tired of being over weight. I want to be healthy. I want to walk past a mirror and say that is a goodlooking person looking back at me. You know how anorexic people look in a mirror and only see fat. Well being 247 pounds at 5'3 I don't see
fat... I don't see anything. I'm in great denial. I have joined this group for inspiration, accountability, and progress. I want to be free of this heavy burden and look forward to having other people inspire me to succees.

Replies

• kathyvdh
    kathyvdh Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Welcome Serenity,

I think you will be happy you joined this group. The support everyone gives is great. Remember to just take it one day at a time. Read over the past posts on this message board. It will give you encouragement.

Keep us posted as to your progress. We are all here to help.

Have a great day!
    Kathy
  • pagett1969
    pagett1969 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Welcome Serenity I think this site will be very helpfull to you. Please fill in your member profile it helps everyone to get to know you. We are all in this together working towards a common goal. When I joined my goal was to lose about 100 pounds. I thought that was impossible but so far so good. Just post your good news and your bad we will all be as supportive as we can.
  • alisonbeth66
    alisonbeth66 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love that you joke about what you see! Me too. Seriously though I lost 6 stone 3 1/2 years ago and I am so ashamed of myself for putting 3 1/2 back on. I have 7 1/2 at least to loose. Looking for motivation from buddies on here.
    Alison
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Psst... this post is almost 10 years old ;)

But Hi and welcome! Best way to make friends is to look through the most recent pages of the Intro forum, or start yourself a thread :)