Date Night

Options
My Husband wants a date night on Saturday and Sundays and a chippy tea or a little treat snack so if those days i went over by say 300 onboth days
Would this effect my weight loss for the week.
Im not planning on eating alot over my calories but im worried i wont lose weight for the week

Replies

• shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on your body and your activity level. Maybe you could do some extra exercise on those days to offset the extra calories? Or, adjust your eating habits for the rest of the day so you "save" the extra 300 calories you are planning to eat?
  • minburke
    minburke Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Or eat less through the week so that your weekly average is still below.
  • JoeB71
    JoeB71 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Don't let it spoil a good time out with your husband. Enjoy yourself & be happy then focus on making up for the extra calories afterwards. No point in worrying yourself & being miserable when you can cut back or exercise more during the rest of the week.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    An extra 600 calories a week will affect your weight loss, but not that much. It will slow it down, but it shouldn't stop it altogether.

I agree with other posters - add some extra exercise in somewhere during the week, adjust your eating so your weekly average is still close to goal, or even just plan for it on the days and eat less earlier in the day (fill up on fresh veggies so you're not starving and overdo it). Date night is definitely important for a relationship!!
  • Becca21
    Becca21 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    So If I say saved 600 exercise cals in the week that would work in my favor
  • minburke
    minburke Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Yep! I always aim to be under for the week not necessarily the day, it's like a casual zigzag method and it works for me..
  • rg4u
    rg4u Posts: 20
    Options
    If you know this in advance, how about adjusting the rest of the days meals to accommodate the extra calories?