Oh...my...the struggle is very real...

Options
Sooo lunges...my god...p90x3 lunge sessions reeeally cause a struggle the next day...like..I can barely bend down to get into my car...it's like someone clicked slow motion at that very moment...and i sloooowly...contort my lunge worked body into the driver seat...why does my bedroom have to be upstairs!?!?!? I need a full time masseuse...or...maybe just a hot shower...could go for a yogurt as well..

Anyways....what workout makes you feel like you lost all mobile function in your body eh!?!?!?

Replies

• sarajenivieve
    sarajenivieve Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    haha so true! but itll stop the more you do it. when i started insanity i could hardly move the next day for the fist couple weeks constant pain lol
  • showerbeer182
    showerbeer182 Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    haha so true! but itll stop the more you do it. when i started insanity i could hardly move the next day for the fist couple weeks constant pain lol

Ooooh that's my next challenge...to start a relationship with insanity when I finish p90!!!
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    When I 1st started getting back into shape I took up T25. The first day (Alpha Cardio) is an all out assault on the lower body. The next morning I had to scoot up and down the stairs in my house. On my butt. I couldn't even raise my legs to step level. It was ridiculous. I figured.. well day 2 probably won't be lower body... along comes Speed 1.0 with more assaults on the legs. Needless to say that was a rough week for me. But it only lasts the first couple of weeks. P90X3 is actually a really well rounded program so you will enjoy it.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Love p90x3... Tony Horton is crazy, but so good!
  • showerbeer182
    Options
    When I 1st started getting back into shape I took up T25. The first day (Alpha Cardio) is an all out assault on the lower body. The next morning I had to scoot up and down the stairs in my house. On my butt. I couldn't even raise my legs to step level. It was ridiculous. I figured.. well day 2 probably won't be lower body... along comes Speed 1.0 with more assaults on the legs. Needless to say that was a rough week for me. But it only lasts the first couple of weeks. P90X3 is actually a really well rounded program so you will enjoy it.

Yeah!!! Even though I can't move...I love the pain!!!
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Step ups the day after not having done them in years. I may have cursed my coach out a little bit.
  • sarajenivieve
    Options

Ooooh that's my next challenge...to start a relationship with insanity when I finish p90!!!
    i think insanity is way better i like shaun t and find tony incredibly annoying honestly ruins the videos any time i try a program by him lol. i do the 1st month of insanity every spring, never actually did the full program in order tbh.
  • showerbeer182
    Options

i think insanity is way better i like shaun t and find tony incredibly annoying honestly ruins the videos any time i try a program by him lol. i do the 1st month of insanity every spring, never actually did the full program in order tbh.

Hahaha yah the first round of p90x3 was goood because there were all new Tony jokes...but...second time around...I'm like...I'll just put him on mute this time and put a lil music on to workout my groove thang toooo....
  • mgalovic01
    mgalovic01 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Agility drills. Like the ones you see the NFL prospects do at the combine. A lot of hip movement with the quick changes in direction. Felt it the most in my lower back and obliques. I had the same experience with weighted lunges. They do get you strong, but if you don't incorporate some agility drills into your training you'll look like a lumbering oaf on the court or field.
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    When I did the 30day shred by Jillian Michaels I couldn't walk, sit or anything for about a week ....but I pushed thru the pain and continued to do that workout
  • showerbeer182
    Options
    When I did the 30day shred by Jillian Michaels I couldn't walk, sit or anything for about a week ....but I pushed thru the pain and continued to do that workout

Oooooh yaaa that's what I'm talking about...going to keep pushing thru my crying legs and hopefully be all nice and tone in a couple months!!! Wooohooo fitness!!
  • sarajenivieve
    Options
    I cant use mute or i end up going over time on some moves or id definately do the same XD

• Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Since all of you are using these workout programs -- which episodes focus on upper body and not lower? Due to a leg muscle injury, the only thing I've been able to really do is p90x's Kempo X -- any other episodes similar to that?