Indoors: Getting the steps in?

Options
How can I get my 10k steps in when I'm stuck indoors? I don't have a lot of space and I end up walking in small circles around my living room. I don't have a treadmill or I wouldn't be asking, ha ha.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Why are you stuck in doors?
  • UltimateTrashBae
    UltimateTrashBae Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Does it really matter why? Knowing won't help answer my question.
  • twinklepies
    twinklepies Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Dancing around like a fool can add up.
  • Syllypie
    Syllypie Posts: 3 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Leslie Sansone videos....walking workouts. Easy peazy :smile:

There are some on YouTube.
  • Jules_farmgirl
    Jules_farmgirl Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I do jumping jacks/running on the spot and dancing to music. It helps!!! I know what it's like to be stuck in doors for various reasons!!!
  • sarajenivieve
    sarajenivieve Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    i used to run on the spot for extra cals burned routate between walking, jogging,high knees, butt kicks and football sprints. just throw on a movie and go i actually lost quite a bit of weight doing that when i first started, another idea if you have the space you can usually find free or next to free ellipticals on kijiji around march lol might be worth a look
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I find for me A skips actually add up the steps quicker because of the hopping aspect. If not that you could do high knees and take little steps. At least for my step tracker it counts them. Any chance you can get a stationary bike or something like that? Mine also detects the revolutions on the bike as steps. If you can get your hands on T25 it's got a ton of vertical standing cardio moves that you could learn. I used to get 4-5K steps just doing one 25 video.
  • CathyTwentyTwo
    CathyTwentyTwo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I agree with Leslie Sansone. I really enjoy her DVDs and quite a workout.
  • gail1961
    gail1961 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I just googled Leslie Sansone. What a great tip. It looks like you can get her workouts on you tube. It also looks like they are not that expensive to purchase. It looked like the reviews were good.
  • mgalovic01
    mgalovic01 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Get one of them aerobic steppers.
  • HomeatWDW
    HomeatWDW Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Definitely Leslie. I used her DVDs years ago when I lived in a cold climate.
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Haha! I feel like a fool bc I've been walking around the house to get my 10,000 steps!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    10,000 steps is just an arbitrary number to basically tell you to get more active...do anything...do some DVD workouts or whatever...just be more active, it doesn't have to be step based. I have no clue how many steps I get in a given day...doesn't matter a bit to my fitness...I can go out right now and rock a 1/2 century which is more than I can say for many people.
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,909 Member
    Options
    I plug my headphones in and walk in place. I have also watched TV and walked in place. I have used Leslie Sansone on youtube as well. The weather has been nasty here, so I just do what I can.
  • Suuzanne37
    Suuzanne37 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    30 minutes cardio DVD ( Hip Hop Abs (Dance), Jillian Michaels (Cardio)); approximately 3,000 steps.

So for me; if I'm indoors all day; I do as follows:

Morning - 30 minutes dance DVD (Hip Hop Abs)

Afternoon - 45 minutes Kickboxing DVD (eg. The Firm, Pump n Jab)

Evening - 30 minutes; freestyle dancing and jump rope.

Hope this helps.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone videos. I did 6 miles alone today (2 different workouts). Very effective aerobic workout and you don't need much space at all.

Jogging/walking in place or using my mini-stair stepper while watching tv or a movie. 15 minutes at a comfortable pace gets me 1 mile.

Good luck!