Metabolism

Options
Call me crazy....but I swear I can feel that my Metabolism has "kicked" it up a notch. I used to have to wait at least a half hour after a workout to eat, even something small. Now my body is screaming for food right after. And I just feel "different".

Anybody else have the same feelings???

Would love to hear that I'm not alone.

Replies

• tammyr76
    tammyr76 Posts: 174
    Options
    You are not alone,,,,I am experincing the same thing,,eat a good breakfst and be so full go to the gym I usually do 1 1/2 hrs of cardio and weight lifting and on the drive back home my stomach is growling....i usualyl fix me up a protein shake after workout to keep me satisfied till lunch...
  • michalita
    michalita Posts: 27
    Options
    I definitely think my metabolism has changed. It took me two months to drop just a few pounds, and now that I'm on maintenance, I'm STILL losing weight even though I'm eating more!
  • Robyrob33
    Robyrob33 Posts: 45
    Options
    I'm glad that I'm not the only one. I now workout 7 days a week, so I increased my activity level from sedentary to lighly active, and MFP increased my calories, so we'll see how that works. I don't want to be eating too little or not enough.
  • unmitigatedbadassery
    unmitigatedbadassery Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I'm not a doctor but I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express - I was told many moons ago when I was fairly in shape that the more you create and maintain an active lifestyle the more your body adjusts including a faster metabolism. It's that old law of inertia: things that are in motion tend to stay in motion.
  • Robyrob33
    Robyrob33 Posts: 45
    Options
    I'm not a doctor but I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express - I was told many moons ago when I was fairly in shape that the more you create and maintain an active lifestyle the more your body adjusts including a faster metabolism. It's that old law of inertia: things that are in motion tend to stay in motion.

lol...Holiday Inn Express....

It's just crazy how it seemed to happen over night.