Had a baby 4 weeks and want to lose weight and tone my body up at the same time

Options
I'm 26 and 4 foot 11 and 139 pounds I've just had a baby 4 weeks ago and I've been doing the adf diet, I usually eat a bit more though on fast days.

I'm doing cardio and the exercise bike right now and want to start lifting Dumbbells to tone my arms up, back and I want to start butt exercises and thigh exercises to tone up.

What I want know is can I get a good body in 4 months time which means losing weight and toning up?

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    What is the rush? You just had a baby 4 weeks ago. Definitely wait until you are cleared by your doctor to start any exercise, also going too hard too soon can cause issues as your body and ligaments are still healing.

It took 9 months to put the weight on so my advice would be not to rush, take it slow, not sure if you are nursing but that will affect how quickly you can lose and your intake.

It took me about 7-8 months to get my body back after having a baby.. be patient.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised your doctor has cleared you for diet and exercise within four weeks of childbirth. Are you breastfeeding too?
  • gabbyo23
    gabbyo23 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Not safe. You should not be on a diet/trying to lose weight right now. Wait another 2 weeks at least and get cleared by your doctor first.
  • hellobaconplease
    hellobaconplease Posts: 108 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Huh? What happens at 6 weeks? I've never had to be cleared for anything or even see a doctor at 6 weeks post partum (have had 3 babies and 3 c-sections).

I had no choice but to drive 5 days after my last baby and just get on with life due to older kids, 4 weeks PP seems plenty enough time to recover to me.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    What happens in 4 months?
  • kkress92
    kkress92 Posts: 118 Member
    Options

For me, that's when my babies started sleeping through the night and I actually felt like my sanity returned. Probably the best advice I got was to not even think about diet/structured exercise until then. Babies are a huge blessing, but quite an adjustment.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    kkress92 wrote: »

For me, that's when my babies started sleeping through the night and I actually felt like my sanity returned. Probably the best advice I got was to not even think about diet/structured exercise until then. Babies are a huge blessing, but quite an adjustment.

No, OP said she wanted to lose weight in 4 months, I was asking what was happening in 4 months... holiday, wedding etc etc
  • kkress92
    kkress92 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Oops! Sorry