What keeps you going?

Options
I'm a little fearful of letting the scale affect my spirits. Stepping ion and seeing progress is the thing that keeps me going.

Replies

• happyauntie2015
    happyauntie2015 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I feel better than I did when I started. I have more energy which means I am more active and I can see I don't want to go back to where and how I was! I want to move forward and continue to see these positive changes!
  • eugenia94102
    eugenia94102 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Coffee...
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i dont want to be fat again.

health.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Mostly vanity as I never really had health problems and energy levels were pretty good but I like me better now, and do not want to replace my wardrobe again!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Good, nourishing food and moving every day, keeps me going.

About the scale. I weigh myself every day. The number goes up and down, but that's irrelevant, what's important is that I step on the scale every day. I'm no longer afraid of the scale.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    1. Habit
    2. I don't want to have wasted 4 years of my life. I learned that lesson from college.
  • ibboykin
    ibboykin Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    For me personally, weight loss isn't my goal, rather a side effect. My focus is high BP, High cholesterol, and elevated blood glucose (family history of diabetes).
    So recently I had bloodwork done and I'm BP is normal and about to come off one of the two BP meds. All my cholesterol numbers are within normal limits (but I want them lower). I also was able to drop my blood glucose by 12 points.
    So the impact my new lifestyle has had on all of these critical numbers is reality for me. It shows me I'm doing the right thing and I plan on continuing.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I like being able to move and for the things I want to do. I set multiple goals in addition to the scales: progess pics, measurements, new recipes, new fitness goals, etc. Something is always going well, but everything is rarely perfect at the same moment. That's ok, life isn't perfect.
  • Rushgirl82
    Rushgirl82 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Looking in the mirror and not fitting my favourite clothes lol.
  • eday79
    eday79 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Feeling good because of eating well and training. And being able to wear what I like without any Spanx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,064 Member
    Options
    I didn't want to be a frumpy fifty.