SODIUM REBEL

Options
Ok so sodium (salt) can cause water retention and show on the scales,my question is: How can i get all this sodium out of my body?
HELP Plz

Replies

• Thriceshy
    Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Ok so sodium (salt) can cause water retention and show on the scales,my question is: How can i get all this sodium out of my body?
    HELP Plz

Lower your intake of sodium-rich processed foods and make sure your water intake is adequate.

:smile:

Kris
  • asilmegan34
    asilmegan34 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that sodium is needed for your body to help regulate water in it. So any extreme, too much or too little, isnt recommended. It's good to keep sodium around 1500-2500 mg a day.
  • ericadesiree
    Options
    Besides lowering sodium intake, I drink a lot of water and some green tea. It helps me a lot!
  • msjersey73
    msjersey73 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    tea is a Diuretic, and will definitely remove all that water from your bod.... i drink 2 to 3 mugs a day of black tea. :-)

and i love salt, however I dont cook with it, I ONLY put it on food Immediately b4 eating it. :-)
    salt is good for ya, but not toooooo much
  • erinem182
    erinem182 Posts: 14
    Options
    Eat more potassium. Potassium and sodium work against one another and more potassium/less sodium will reduce high blood pressure :)
  • drogheda1
    drogheda1 Posts: 57
    Options
    Thanks,i will keep that in mind
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I have become very sensitve to sodium, so I am cutting out a lot of processed food. What also helps with Water balance is Potassium and vitamin B.

I found a supplement called Water Balance, that has both and it has been helping me greatly.
  • bmccaskill
    bmccaskill Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was going to say, potassium is very helpful, remember not to achieve that by eating extra bannanas which are good and have lots of potassium but also contain a ton of sugars so keep them limited, no need to increase in one area to decrease in another. Like sundancer1966 says, there are some good water sources that contain potassium.
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    What I would do is see my MD and have my salt and potassium tested to make sure you have enough or too much in your system. Too much salt and potassium can cause problems with your heart, and too little can cause problems with your heart.

Definately talk to your Dr before you restrict or increase any type of electrolyte. You absolutely need them to survive. Not having them is a quick death. In some cases its a slow and miserable death. I've seen it go both ways.

Make sure that every 3 to 6 months you have all of your electrolytes tested as well as your cholesterol. It wouldn't hurt to have a Hemaglobin A1C done as well, to make sure you are keeping your glucose in a healthy range. But certainly talk to your Dr. about all of this. I don't think it is wise to go about managing all of this on your own.