Gained 13 pounds in 7 days!?

Options
I've been binging like crazy all week. I know that I need to consider water weight as well, but how much fat do you think I actually gained?

Day 1 was 3,351 calories
Day 2 was 934
Day 3 was 1,904
Day 4 was 4,775
Day 5 was 630
Day 6 was 484
Day 7 was 4,478

Replies

• goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    It depends on your TDEE of course, but let's just pick 2000 as an estimate. Your weekly total is 16,556, so you would be 2,556 over maintenance. Less than a pound. Even with a lower tdee, I'd guess it's more water than anything else.
  • jkd2426
    jkd2426 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    well it takes 3500 calories to gain a pound, i see 2 days you ate over that and 1 day you ate way over that, thats 3 pounds, you ate 12,604 calories in 3 days, then add the fat in your food and the carbs that gain sounds right.. you need to drop it down untill you find out how much you can eat and loose weight. i only eat 1,200 day, 50 carbs.
  • lady_ghost
    lady_ghost Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Not good
  • doittoitgirl
    doittoitgirl Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I was caught in the vicious binge restrict cycle for years. My metabolism was trashed and I felt like crap. Honestly, if there wasnt an error with your scale, 13lbs in one week would mostly be water bloat. Evening out your eating cycles is the best thing for your body so you don't go through those extremes. It's hard to resist overcompensating the day after a binge, but starting the day new with a normal calorie goal and trying to maintain it throughout the week is the best way to get on the track to permanent weight loss.
  • jennjengee
    jennjengee Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Could someone tell me what TDEE is please?
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    You averaged 2365 calories a day. Depending on your TDEE, that could mean a real gain of anything between 0 and 2 real pounds if everything was logged accurately, possibly higher if you weren't logging accurately or forgot to log some foods.
  • _Justinian_
    _Justinian_ Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    jennjengee wrote: »

TDEE stands for Total Daily Energy Expenditure. It is the total number of calories your body burns in a day based on your current weight, age, and your activity level. In order to lose weight, you have to consume less, and/or burn more, calories than this number.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    jennjengee wrote: »

"Total Daily Energy Expenditure". It's the average number of calories your body burns daily, which includes the calories it burns without activity, plus the calories it burns doing day to day tasks and activities, plus the calories from exercise. It's the number of calories you would need to eat daily to maintain your current weight, eat fewer calories than that to lose, and eat more than that to gain.
  • illyasHodrick
    illyasHodrick Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Food weight I's a thing too. How many bowel movements did you have?You got all that *kitten* in ya.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Agree with the others about binge/restrict cycles. You need to stop restricting so hard. Binges don't happen despite restriction - they happen because of restriction.