Zumba?

Options
Zumba is not on the list of workouts... I do it every monday. Does anyone know how many calroies you burn in 45 min and where I can put that?

Replies

• ncgatorfan
    ncgatorfan Posts: 517
    Options
    Here's something cool I found and it has an interactive thing on there where it calculates how many calories you burned doing zumba. Never tried - afraid of looking like a goofball. http://www.zumbacalories.com/
  • goodgollymrsholly
    Options
    I use that website for my calories for zumba and I heard it was very accurate !
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Here's something cool I found and it has an interactive thing on there where it calculates how many calories you burned doing zumba. Never tried - afraid of looking like a goofball. http://www.zumbacalories.com/

Yep...this website is fairly accurate...I entered my data and it was only a few calories off from my HRM.
  • SavCal71
    SavCal71 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Until my HRM arrives (sitting on a shipping dock in Dallas right now), I've been entering it as "Aerobics, step, with 6-8 inch step " because I think it gets close to the calories. I've been estimating 550 calories for me for an hour of Zumba. But I'm really anxious to see what the HRM tells me.
  • bgeer34
    bgeer34 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I just put in my information on that website for the last 3 classes I had and for me it's a little low but close enough I think it probably is a good average. I use a HRM and the intensity you put into the class makes a huge difference. If you don't have a HRM, then I would use that site.
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options

What a great find on the calculator ~ thanks!

P.S. During Zumba, everyone is way too busy watching the instructor to look at each other. We either all look great or we all look like goofballs; who knows? There's no time to watch! :bigsmile:
  • EmmaDillinger
    Options
    thanks everyone. I don't have an HRM. what is that? I will use the site today though!
  • mmelaniewalters
    Options
    depends how hard you work , and how much you weigh .. i can tell you i weigh 150 lbs , and sweat like a pig , .. on average i burn about 460 in an hour session , that includes a 5 min warm up , 5 min cool down . if you create yr own exercise you can log it in as zumba , or if not i used to put hi impact aerobics .. gives you about the same cals
  • lannahgirl
    lannahgirl Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    i go every monday also, I just checkout that website and I burn 761 calories but i've been logging it in under dance the dance say i burn like 440 but the zumba site says I burn 761.....that's more like it, that instructor is no joke i'm always sweating like a pig when i'm done my legs use to ache but since i've been doing zumba for 3 days a week my legs don't hurt anymore!
  • goodgollymrsholly
    Options
    Oh and if anyone is considering buying a kinect..The zumba on there is awesome !