30 day Shred vs 21 Day Fix

Options
Who has done these programs?? Would like to hear reviews. If you've done both, which one did you like better?
Thank you on advance :)

Replies

• pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I havent done either but for more bang for the buck I'd do the "Shred".
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    I am skeptical of anything that claims to create results in a short time period. Whichever one you pick, you will need to run multiple times to see any benefit as 30 or 21 days is not going to create many results.
  • lp21gem
    lp21gem Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Jay Lee - I have done the shred and paired it up for change fitness blender tons of videos on YouTube along with logging my food and avoiding second helpings - I have lost 22.5lbs in 4 months. Mind you that exercise everyday and it varies each day 15 - 45 mins alternating videos of shred fitness blender and stationary bike. Hope this helps you decide. P. S. You have to be determined if you want to succeed. Good luck.
  • jayleeskinner
    jayleeskinner Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • MommyOfTwo68
    MommyOfTwo68 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I did 8 rounds of 21 day fix and I love it! I recommend it to anyone and everyone! It does a great job of mixing up strength and cardio routines (as well as Pilates and yoga) and the meal plan is so easy and effective! I love it!
  • noexcuses0626
    noexcuses0626 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I REALLY prefer 21 day fix. Different every day, you on't get as sore from doing it. It's not as hard on the joints. In fact, I HATE 30 day shred. I hate Jillian Michaels. I like Autumn Calabrese. 21 Day Fix is just way more fun, it doesn't feel like torture.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I REALLY prefer 21 day fix. Different every day, you on't get as sore from doing it. It's not as hard on the joints. In fact, I HATE 30 day shred. I hate Jillian Michaels. I like Autumn Calabrese. 21 Day Fix is just way more fun, it doesn't feel like torture.

This^

Being consistent is going to depend on liking the workout, and liking the instructor. My favorite instructor is Kelly Coffey Meyer......you just need to find what you like.

OP - you can try 30 Day Shred for free on YouTube. Can you see yourself doing that kind of workout for 30 days?

I've done a few Beach Body workouts - but always avoided buying from a "coach." I didn't want the hard sell for shakes and all the other crap.
  • jcraig10
    jcraig10 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I liked 21 day fix. It helped me with the portions...although I feel like I ate too much food on it actually...and I was pretty strict with my food choices. I enjoyed the workouts and I felt stronger at the end of the 21 days. I lost about 3 lbs, which I thought was fair...1 lb a week.
  • surfchicka1313
    surfchicka1313 Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Just finished 21 day extreme. I lost 6.6lbs and total of 16.5". I normally get bored with workout videos but I really enjoyed this one.

I have tried 30 day shred but get bored of it within a week..... not saying I don't like it. I am just not good with reputation.

I am currently doing a week of 30 day shred then will do a second round of 21 day fix extreme
  • pinklion721
    pinklion721 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I did 30 day shred years ago and saw results. I just signed up for Beachbody OnDemand and started Core de Force this week.
    I HATE doing the same workout over and over, especially if I don't like it bc then I try to talk myself out of doing it. Which happens with Jillian Michaels workouts.

With Core de Force you rarely do the same workout. It happends but it's spread out over 30 days. I look forward to working out everyday now.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I am skeptical of anything that claims to create results in a short time period. Whichever one you pick, you will need to run multiple times to see any benefit as 30 or 21 days is not going to create many results.

Eh, I mean as a total beginner I had pretty good results from the 30 day shred. I lost like 8 pounds my first month, I lost like 3 inches from my gut, I also went from being able to do 0 pushups to like 10-15.

But yes, the returns are diminishing as I got to a certain base level of fitness. And obviously I had to go from there to a more intense regimen. It's also noteable that the 30 day shred is available for FREE on youtube.

I would rather do that than pay to do the 21 day fix, the food portioners, etc.

I mean, I had just started lifting within the first 3 or so months (i started with the shred and then moved into the NROLFW) and this is the results i experienced in that short period of time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFJdS3hyPzc&t=4m46s

p.s. I am cringing at this video, yikes! To think this was 5 years ago!