Acai Berry????

Options
Has anyone here tried the new acai berry pills? Did it help?

Replies

• glynnette
    Options
    Has anyone here tried the new acai berry pills? Did it help?
  • nwfamilygal
    Options
    I take them and I just know they are good for you so I guess they help in that way.
    I got them in a health food store
  • Vixen16
    Vixen16 Posts: 17
    Options
    I have heard about it and am planning to use it to try it out, the research looks pretty impressive.

here are some sites:
    http://www.theacaiberryreview.com/ca/?aid=3888728&KW=acai-berry
    http://www.acaihealthtest.com/acai-berry-can.php?t202id=41239&t202kw=acai berry
    http://www.acaiberryfact.com/

there are many other sites too....it always pays to research first :smile:

I'll keep you posted with my results too if you would like. :happy:
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    be warned if you. if you get Acai Berry off the free trial offer they will charge you credit card $89.13 everymonth when the send you your next supply, but they don't warn you about that when you request the free sampl. i have also been getting a lot of calls from solisiters and other charges on my credit card that i did not authorize and they did not tell me about. so i had charges that i was unaware of.
  • jstrohmeier
    Options
    Hi,

I can't say that the acai berry juice did anything for weight loss, but I sure feel better. More energy, clear head, feel less jittery, more focused. I am down 4 pounds in the last three weeks - not huge loss but healthy.

They say they juice is more effective and pure than the pills. (it's more expensive!) Who can really tell? The juice however looks like it would taste good but it's pretty tart. I have more energy and I just feel better. Maybe it's because I am aware of more healthful living that I am making better choices (calories in vs calories out - foods that give you more bang for the buck, exercise, fresh air etc) and maybe being aware motivates us to overall weigh loss and fitness.

I agree with the post about mail in orders - don't do it. It's so much easier to go to a health food store - you may pay a bit more, but you won't have the credit card/delivery/solicitor hassle.

Blessings,
    Janice
  • Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I tried them and I didn't see anything but I only took them for 2 weeks, 2 times a day.
  • peewee
    peewee Posts: 2
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing. I just got my free trail in the mail. I did read the little note and what the previous poster said if you don't watch it they will charge your account 89.00. I remember reading about the acai berry and a person complaining about charges they didn't authorize, I think if they would have red that slip they would have known. You have to cancel it or they will charge your account. It is pretty much a scam like most things in this world, I knew there had to be a catch somewhere not everything is free without a catch. LOL
    I do hope it helps though. :bigsmile:
  • Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I hear you, this happen to me too and that is why I stopped the taken the pill. As well you better check your statements because I had to fight to get some money back- they have long hold times so it makes it very hard for the consumer to stop it because our time is valuable. This why I love this site...We have support from each other and if you put in the food you eat and try and do 2 hours of exercise or cleaning your house you will lose weight- much more healthier.. Good luck!
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I bought a bottle at GNC fotr 14.99 - didn't really do anything for me - But I did find Acai Berry Juice in the Juice section at Super Walmart - it was Rasberry Acai Natural Juice - 1.89 for a small bottle - it tasted great and I got a burst of energy from drinking it.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I hesitate to say this but if you were my sister who I love dearly, I would tell you the same...there are no shortcuts to weight loss...this new acai berry is the latest craze and can be very expensive...like all the others, the catch is that they say "combined with a healthy diet and exercise" or something similar...this statement is their legal loophole

On the other hand...if taking something that you really believe in, it may help your attitude towards the real aspects of weight loss and fitness....diet and exercise. I urge you to watch what you pay for these miracle cures....the bottom line will always be...no shortcuts.

thanks
    Dave:smile:
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    Don't buy from the sight, you can get the gel pills at Wal Mart for under $10 in the vitamin section, it is a great antioxidant. I do have more energy and am more regular, if you know what I mean. So for heath I think they are worth it, there are no miracle pills, just clean eating and exercise. Good Luck!
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    If your are going to take them for because you think the weight lose results look impressive, remember, all diet pills have impressive results on their commercials. You would be better off spending the same money on fresh fruit.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!