'Diet' foods I gotta have Part 1 - Salty Snacks!

Options
I'm very much for eating healthy foods like fruits and veggies but sometimes you gotta have a salty snack! I've tried quite a few different types of lower calorie snacks and these are my personal favs. I've found that the more variety I have available to me the less likely I am to get bored and cheat by eating 'bad' food. If you have any other snacks you've tried and would recommend I'm always open to trying new food :)

Salty Snacks:

Cheetos Natural Puffs White Cheddar - 1oz (32 pieces) 150 calories

Quaker Tortillaz Garden Salsa - 1oz (15 crisps) 120 calories

Vic's All Natural Lite Cheddar Cheese Popcorn - 2 1/2 cups (25g) 140 calories

Roasted and Salted Sunflower Seeds - 1/4 cup (33g) 200 calories *

Roasted and Salted Pumpkin Seeds - 1/4 cup (30g) 160 calories *

*I rarely ever eat 1/4 cup of these, I normally put a tbsp or 2 on my salad. They are high in calories but are very healthy and full of good fat! Yes fat is good for you, the right kinds and in the right amounts.

Post to come - sweets (desserts and snacks), dairy, proteins, carbs (breads and pastas)!

Replies

• dian1227
    dian1227 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Pretzel factory pretzel crisps - 18 pieces 120 calories and the Everything flavor is awesome....
  • FirewifeCarrie
    Options
    Haven't tried these yet but I have heard they are really good and very low in calories. Kale chips or zucchini chips. I am a sucker for the salty foods but I am doing the Paleo diet, therefore I can't eat the baked chips and things. I plan on making these chips to see if they are good.
  • tramaine81
    tramaine81 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    thanks for the cheetos tip!
  • eliz_in_pink
    eliz_in_pink Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    yum! thanks for the tips!! =)
  • GingerDarlene
    Options
    yum
  • dodd319
    dodd319 Posts: 228
    Options
    Thanks! I can't wait to try some of these....
  • nburns325
    nburns325 Posts: 174
    Options
    Yum!
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Chipins....tasty chips made from popcorn....white cheddar is really good! 18 chips for 130 calories

Orville Redenbacher Lime and Salt minibags of popcorn.....yum!

Blue Diamond Nut Thins Rice crackers.....16 crackers for 130 calories
  • Pangui
    Pangui Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Baked Tostitos Scoops and fresh salsa............................yum!
  • ShellyLee
    ShellyLee Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I love Pirate's Booty: Aged White Cheddar. It's made from puffed rice a corn, so gluten free. 1 oz (which is quite a bit) is 130 calories, 140mg sodium, 0 sugar, and 2g of protein, 5g of fat. I get the little bags.. come with six 1 oz bags.
  • megan4487
    megan4487 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    They sound good, thanks for the suggestions, I look forward to your other posts
  • randomartisrgirl
    Options
    I tried Baked Lays a few weeks ago and they were better than I thought they'd be ... I usually don't like straight potato chips, but these, of courese, weren't greasy at all (which is what I hated about potato chips, their grease and their salt). It wasn't too salty, either. And because it doesn't have any artificial flavors or chemicals in it (so far I know), I've made it my emergency go-to snack.
  • Justamom410
    Justamom410 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I like the Sensible Portions Veggie Straws - Rosemary and Olive Oil...YUMMY! Can't remember the calorie count off the top of my head...but it's under 200. I also like the Sensible Portions Apple Straws for a sweet change.

Pistachios are good as well...