Apple cider vinegar

Options
Has anyone ever done an apple cider vinegar detox drink? If so, did you find any benefits to the drink?

Thanks

Replies

• xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I had a cold coming on last week & I gargled a bit of ACV. The cold was gone the next day. That stuff tastes like *kitten* though but it works.... lol
  • Tailwaggers
    Tailwaggers Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I use it in a vinaigrette for my salad!
  • mskimee
    mskimee Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever done an apple cider vinegar detox drink? If so, did you find any benefits to the drink?

Thanks

Gonna be honest with you, back before I came to my senses and began to track my CICO and logging on mfp, I tried this. It didn't work, my stomach pains were unbearable, I felt ill all the time and was forcing myself to drink something vile that made me want to vomit. I lost 3lb and as soon as I stopped the "detox" I gained it all back in less than a week. Trust me, don't do it, it's not worth it, you'll be sick as a dog and you'll lose nothing except the will to live!
  • suediebee
    suediebee Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Um I sometimes have a couple tsps of it in water but I only use it to help fight off a yeast infections. Which I get when I eat too much sugar.
  • hockeymom208
    hockeymom208 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for not being rude. I appreciate the input

mskimee wrote: »

Thanks

Gonna be honest with you, back before I came to my senses and began to track my CICO and logging on mfp, I tried this. It didn't work, my stomach pains were unbearable, I felt ill all the time and was forcing myself to drink something vile that made me want to vomit. I lost 3lb and as soon as I stopped the "detox" I gained it all back in less than a week. Trust me, don't do it, it's not worth it, you'll be sick as a dog and you'll lose nothing except the will to live!

• ashesnposies333
    ashesnposies333 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    First. Detox is a myth.
    Second. The only thing apple cider vinegar does is help balance your ph. If you have heart burn or acid reflux, take a small shot of apple cider vinegar and give it a few minutes.
    Otherwise. Dont.
  • roxywho42
    roxywho42 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    First. Detox is a myth.
    Second. The only thing apple cider vinegar does is help balance your ph. If you have heart burn or acid reflux, take a small shot of apple cider vinegar and give it a few minutes.
    Otherwise. Dont.

It's also a miracle if you're having gall bladder issues.

It's quite tasty in salad dressing or sprinkled lightly on some types of fish as well.

It's great for cleaning the kitchen and will completely remove fish smell from a cutting board.
  • Nova
    Nova Posts: 9,934 MFP Staff
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hey folks,

This topic has been cleaned and returned to the forums. If you don't have anything helpful or constructive to say, please refrain from commenting, or move on to other subject matter.

Just a reminder:

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.

b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

Take care,
    Nova
  • NewGemini130
    NewGemini130 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I personally LOVE apple cider vinegar and have it regularly on foods (salads, cooked greens, sliced cukes). I could easily drink a shot of it anytime- but don't -not sure what it really will do for weight loss, other than it's low cal and low sodium.