What's for breakfast or lunch?

Options
Always looking for new healthy ideas.
My usual is oatmeal with blueberries, almond milk, and lots of cinnamon. Drizzle a little maple syrup, or honey..and top it with chopped walnuts, and pumpkin seeds! Anyone please feel free to share your ideas! :)

Replies

• devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I'm boring. Two hard-boiled eggs and a granola bar or dried fruit for snackage between eggs and lunch.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Just finished my first meal of the day-a Lean Cuisine Vermont Cheddar Mac n Cheese entree with canned chicken, California blend frozen veggies and sweet and sour sauce mixed in. With a side of seasoned tortilla chips :)
  • dwulet130
    dwulet130 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Bagel thin with a little cream cheese, turkey, lettuce and tomato.
  • hbrooke1993
    hbrooke1993 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I usually eat 2 Slices of Turkey Bacon (50 Calories for 2 Slices) and Egg Whites (2 Large Eggs). You can also add some fruit if you want too. But it feels me up.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I'm fasting today so I won't be having anything, but typically I skip breakfast and have leftovers for lunch. If there are no leftovers my go-to is usually 1-2 egg(s) cooked in 1/2 a can of black beans with hot sauce.
  • Shalnessa2015
    Shalnessa2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Day 1of low of Carb cycling on my low carb day: egg white substitutes with spinach, lil' red tomatoes, nonfat cottage cheese sprinkled with Mozzarella cheese. Yummy and so satisfying!
  • Shalnessa2015
    Shalnessa2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Lunch: nonfat greek yogurt with honey flavored granola and blackberries.
  • leopr
    leopr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If I have time to make it, I like a cheese and onion omelette.

Dice a smallish onion, cook in frying pan with no oil, 2/3 until dry and crispy, 1/3 for less time (for a stronger onion flavour), and add that, and a small amount of grated cheddar, into a 3 egg omelette. About 330 calories and it's incredibly filling. Macros (roughly): 10g carbs, 21g fat, 25g protein
  • srpryor504
    srpryor504 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Egg white omelet with cheese, spinach, tomatoes, peppers, and turkey breast. It usually satisfies me until lunch time.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Just eat the sort of stuff you think you'll enjoy for breakfast. Weigh it and record it accurately in your food diary.

Breakfast being the first meal of the day, you have the opportunity to give breakfast first dibs on your calorie budget.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is to take 1 cup of red seedless grapes (works with most other fruits, too; use 1/2 to 1 cup, depending on calories). Top with one single serve container fat-free Greek yogurt (the brand I use is 100 calories for a 6 oz. container). You could also use 1/3 cup of creamed cottage cheese. Crumble 1 granola bar on top of that. (I use Nature Valley. 1 bar out of a 2-bar package and save the second for tomorrow.)

A typical lunch is a salad comprised of 1/2 cup of corn with one sliced veggie dog, 1 dill pickle, jarred jalapenos, cherry tomatoes, diced cucumber or celery (or both!), a small amount of minced raw onion, 1/4 cup of salsa, 1 tbsp sweet pickle relish, and 1 tbsp Tofutti Sour Supreme. Feel free to add other non-starchy veggies.