Am I considered as active or lightly active?

Options
I train 5 times per week. Cardio and weights. Am I considered as active or lightly active in this app ??? Need some help , thank you

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Exercise isn't anything to do with the activity setting on here - that's lifestyle and job only.

There's load of good info in the sticky threads pinned to the top of this forum - well worth a read.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    The active setting is used for your day-to-day activities, not purposeful exercise. So if you have a desk job that would probably be sedentary. A landscaper, probably active. A stay-at-home parent, maybe somewhere in between.

You'll add your purposeful exercise in daily, and it'll adjust your available calories accordingly.

For example, I work out of my home office (and by office, I mean bed) and if I'm lucky, get 2k steps per day. I'm in training for a race, and work out vigorously 6 days a week for an hour. But I'm still sedentary.

Hope that helps! :)
  • AnastasiaGrs1
    AnastasiaGrs1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am a university student...so I guess ,I am considered as a lightly active person. Thank you very much!! :wink: :)
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    All that walking across campus will do it! If you meet your calorie count for a month and find that you're losing more or less than you've set in your MFP goals, don't be afraid to redo that setting. Experiment on yourself to see what works best for you.

And you're welcome! :)
  • AnastasiaGrs1
    AnastasiaGrs1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    TmacMMM wrote: »
    All that walking across campus will do it! If you meet your calorie count for a month and find that you're losing more or less than you've set in your MFP goals, don't be afraid to redo that setting. Experiment on yourself to see what works best for you.

And you're welcome! :)

Thank you!!!:)