Carnation Breakfast Essentials

Options
Im not really a breakfast person, is this a good option for me, i know of several people who drink it, and i hear its relatively good for you...Anyone smart willing too look at the nutrional info and let me know.

the nurtrional info is next to the 5 star rating

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001EQ4J1K/ref=s9_simh_gw_p325_d0_i3?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=08GGKAZS1W487WQJJNWM&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846#nutrition-facts

Replies

• rn_jacki
    rn_jacki Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    protein and fiber are the nutrients that you want to really look at for something that's going to help you to stay full for a decent amount of time. While this drink has 5 g of protein, which is pretty good, it has no fiber at all. If you don't ever eat breakfast and are looking for something quick and easy to give you a little boost in the morning I would recommend a breakfast bar that is still low in calories, but will contain fiber as well as protein. Pair it with a glass of skim milk and it will be much better for you. My favorite bars are the Fiber One Choclate bars. They taste incredible!
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    No fiber and eighteen grams of sugar . . . not the ideal breakfast.
  • Mommyof3loves
    Options
    I am not a big breakfast person either, I have been drinking the slim fast drinks and I like them. I am not a big carnation breakfast person so I don't know much about it.
  • LosingTheWeight2014
    Options
    I used to drink these, but I would buy the Sugar Free Breakfast Essentials and it tasted just as good with no additional sugar added. They are quick and easy if you are not a breakfast person.
  • janna674
    janna674 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    carnation instant breakfast grosses me out...i once found hundreds of small worms in the package and thought maybe it was old...till we did experiments with other boxes of it that were newer at different times and they all have worms in it...my mom says thats why its so rich in protien LOL...I have never heard of Breakfast Essentials...but If its a powder be sure to pour some on a paper towel and wet it first ...just to check it out. sorry so gross yuk!
  • leenyG
    leenyG Posts: 6
    Options
    I agree with rn_jackie. You need fiber in the morning. It keeps you full and it moves your bowels. If you are all about drinking your breakfast grab a 8oz glass of Metamucil with your carnation breakfast essentials.
  • mlanser08
    mlanser08 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I used to drink that as a breakfast too but the sugar is outrageous. I switched to low calorie premade protien shakes (Target, Wlamrt or Costco) or soymilk mixed with Designer Whey Protien mix. I have tried the Atkins ones too and like them as well. I need low calorie, low sugar and beneficial as a breakfast. That is what I have tried:)