Looking for partner in weight lose. Im 61 yrs old and need to lose 60 pounds. Need a buddy

Options
To help with my confidence building and me help them also. Look forward to hearing from someone soon

Replies

• dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    You can do this, just persevere and don't give up, log everything and be honest with your diary and it will happens. Good luck
  • LesleyEcksmann
    LesleyEcksmann Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I need a buddy too! add me if you like, I have 40kg or 88pounds to lose.. need help with the confidence as well. I have lost this weight before but it is back with more to haunt me.. have to burn the lessons in this time!!
  • 04hoopsgal73
    04hoopsgal73 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    We're the same age. I've been here since 2012. I have taken what I call 'the slow and natural' approach to weight loss. There is a lifestyle I wish to continue while still losing weight. It works but takes longer. Realistically, 1/4 pound loss per week is my norm when exercising and intake of 1200-1000 calories depending on exercise.
    In the beginning I could lose 1/2 pound per week but that was when I weighed 178. I'm at 151 now (I've been under and over 150 pd for two years now).
    So you have to learn what works for you in your life while still reaching your goals.
    I have a few MFP peeps in the 57-65 age group and it helps as we understand what it is to be a woman.....so friend me if you like. Good wishes to you!
  • CecilysJourney2Fitness
    Options
    Add me i lost 60 pounds! I still have 50 i have to lose! You can add me for motivation
  • aznitern
    aznitern Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also need to get rid of 60 lbs at least. I am 62 and have motivation problems. I am committed to doing this. Add me as a friend. Together we can do this.
  • sunsetsonu
    sunsetsonu Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    you can add me. I would love a buddy to keep me challenged and motivated as I start my new lifestyle. 67 years old, feel like 40 and want to keep it that way but need to lose at least 50lbs. Exercise is the hardest for me. Any tips?? Thanks everyone.
  • pitegny
    pitegny Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    I would be happy to be friended. Just finished my first week. I want to lose at least 60 pounds as a start. Would be happy to give and receive encouragement.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I'm 60 and have lost 73 pounds. 25 to go.... It really works.

Sunsetsonu I just walk every day. I'm not the gym type. Just move, find something you like. Some people thrive at the gym because they are extroverted and enjoy the opportunity to meet new people. I'm more introverted so I walk at a park nearby. Exercise has more than one benefit. It not only gives you some extra calories but it lifts mood and I think my brain is sharper too. Start small and work up.