Microsoft excel help

AsrarHussain
AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
Hello all.
I am in college studying Admin and I am using Excel. I am struggling with it at the moment on gross profit, net profit,turn over etc. We have to figure out whether a company is making a loss or profit.

Are there any good websites to use or videos to watch?

Replies

• shadowloss
    shadowloss Posts: 293 Member
    I doubt it will help, but the calculations you are looking for have to be manually created and do not appear as a "Standard calculation" in excel. This is more of an accounting question than excel. You can look up profit and loss statement with Google and it should give you the formula for creating the results you are looking for.
  • PowerMan40
    PowerMan40 Posts: 766 Member
    google is your friend
  • mattg5566
    mattg5566 Posts: 16 Member
    Revenue minus cost of goods= gross profit. Then take gross profit and divide it by revenue = gross profit percent. For net income. Take above gross profit and subtract expenses. For turn over it depends on what turn over you are seeking. Inventory turnover, asset turnover, etc.
  • AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    mattg5566 wrote: »
    Revenue minus cost of goods= gross profit. Then take gross profit and divide it by revenue = gross profit percent. For net income. Take above gross profit and subtract expenses. For turn over it depends on what turn over you are seeking. Inventory turnover, asset turnover, etc.

Thank you