Teams??

Options
What are the teams about??? I would like to join one.

Replies

• chenders
    Options
    What are the teams about??? I would like to join one.
  • mandersen16
    Options
    Me too! I think if I had to weigh in competitively it would help!
  • jessangel
    Options
    I want to join one too!! That would be fun and I think i would work a lot harder then I already am:smile:
  • Vixen16
    Vixen16 Posts: 17
    Options
    that would be fabulous!! nothing like a competition to get the fire burning....count me in too!!:smile:
  • mandersen16
    Options
    We have three of us already and we can start our own. Any other takers?
  • tobell
    tobell Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Me too! Count me in. I am new here to and it sure would help if there was someone to be accountable to beside myself.lol:laugh: Need to lose 95 lbs.
  • mandersen16
    Options
    So what shall we call ourselves?

I think some of the teams compete against each other but we can just compete amongst ourselves...
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Ok - I'm fairly new and not on another team - so name us and I'll be in too! (if you'll have me, that is)

:flowerforyou:
  • andersonchristineg
    andersonchristineg Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I want in too. Accountability is the only thing that works for me. So what are the details?
    Weigh-in's? What Day? I vote fridays.
    Competitions? (I know that competitions work best when there is incentive... maybe our team name could be the incentive? This week its "the founders name"'s Team, and who ever loses the most or stays on track the longest gets to have the team named after them until the next weigh-in? Just a thought. It might get confusing trying to find the posts if the name is changing a lot tho)
    I'm rambling haha.

I'm also testing my new ticker signature...
  • chenders
    Options
    Well some of the other teams have "color" names. But we should be different, and I vote Friday weigh-ins with this Friday being the first. We can add a new topic just for our group, that way we can keep each other encouraged. I need to lose about 30 pounds myself, and would like to run a 5k this summer.
  • Wolfena
    Options
    OK... Friday weigh-ins (although, usually I weigh in on Saturday mornings!)
    If I get a better number on Saturday morning then I had on Friday I reserve the right to change it! :laugh: :wink:

I already hit my goal weight and then gained some back. That's what I'm trying to lose!! I'm having a hard time of it - can't for the life of my figure out how the heck I ever lost 60 pounds when I can't even lose half a pound a week now! I've been here since the 4th of January, I am only down a whopping 1.5 pounds so far :frown:

I think we should stick with one name, I know I'll get totally confused if we change it all the time!

Anyone care to suggest a few names?
  • tobell
    tobell Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    We are going to need a team leader. Someone needs to lead us. I vote for andersonchristineg, Christine has some good ideas.:bigsmile:
  • 130Lynsee
    Options
    I will be on your team... My name is Lynsee... whats yours... we can do a weigh in every week with eachother... what do you think..
  • chenders
    Options
    So weigh in starting tomorrow. Try to update daily, and give a daily word of encouragement if you have one.
    NAME????
  • mandersen16
    Options
    My name is Mary. I usually weigh in on Sundays to encourage me to be good through the weekend so this Friday weigh in thing better not mess me up :wink: :laugh:

As far as a name, how about something silly like "The Biggest Losers" :happy:
  • andersonchristineg
    Options
    I'm in the same boat of having reached my goal and gained some back! Darn holidays. I lost 80lbs the first time and am having a heck of time getting back into it. It's like I tasted the past for 2 months and don't want to let go!

Thanks for the vote as team leader, although I don't know if we need one. It's a group thing. They say having people to talk to about struggles and accomplishments is what will keep you going for the long run. That's what I need, people who are in the same boat that know its easy some days and you'd rather bite off your toe than go to the gym other days.

Weighing at least once a week is the suggestion from the MANY professionals I have talked to, so lets do fridays predominately but if you have a day you're used to, stick with it. I can definitely see the sunday weigh-in incentive for the weekend, thats a good idea!

So a team name or just a post name so we have our own little thread, how about something along the lines of when we all started Jan 2009. Kicking it off in Jan 09 could be the title of the thread.

Funny anecdote: This website has the option to close out your day when you entered your food and exercise. Well I clicked it today and it said I would weigh 118.4 lbs in 5 weeks if I ate like this everyday! Then I realized I hadn't added any food yet! So, if I ate absolutely nothing for 5 weeks I'd weigh 118, whoohoo! Too bad you can't go cold turkey on food right? haha
  • Wolfena
    Options
    Chenders (the OP) joined here in April of last year - so not ALL of us are "January-ers"

Although, she suggested it this month.

How about calling ourselves "The January-ers" :smile:
  • andersonchristineg
    Options
    works for me
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    I hit goal last March, and managed to gather a 10 pound "hitchhiker" that I'm trying to kick to the curb. I did the 47 lb loss by being accountable to post weekly here on a thread I started. I'm in.

Are we going with "January-ers?" If so - and if no one has posted - I'll start the thread right now......under "Motivation and Support."
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    Ok, everyone -

Here is the link. I'll post my weight tomorrow.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/38514-team-january-ers