Wii Fit?

Options
When I first started losing weight a few years ago and was somewhat successful, it was through the use of Wii Fit and another Wii fitness game that had some monitor you wore on your arm. It kept me actually working out because it was fun and different.

The Wii Fit game really didnt do much except keep me accountable but the other product whose name escapes me did because it had me following with push ups, sit ups, planks, all in s monthly system.

What are other games or just fun ways people have been able to exercise? I'm just looking for other options that keep it exciting and not so dull.

Replies

• SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    DDR on the Wii, i could play it for hours every night forever if it didn't irritate everyone in my house.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Wii Zumba :-D Love it!
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I liked the Wii Biggest Loser game.
  • tinadaryl
    tinadaryl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm been doing just dance fitness, I love it
  • cardiacmommy
    cardiacmommy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have been successful with wii in the past as well. I used to work night shift and onm nights off i was wide awake with nothing to do so I'd play wii for hours. Now i have a day desk job with too many hours and haven't been active bit would love to. One off my favorite wii games is walk it out. Its a walking game. The one you are probably talking about is EA Active.
  • fruitydelicious
    fruitydelicious Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Wii Just dance!! I have 5 different versions and love to do it with the kids. you can program your own songs in some of the versions to make your own workout. Not sure how challenging it would be for experienced exercisers, but works for me and it's fun
  • fruitydelicious
    fruitydelicious Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I have also used Wii sports, Wii fit and My Fitness Coach but Just Dance is my favorite
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Walking is fun and great exercise.
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Wii has been a great supplement for me. I find Zumba to be the most intense/efficient, but I have also used Biggest Loser and Wii Fit- I prefer those for body weight training and stretching. The cardio is okay, but less fun than dancing. If I don't have much time and want to just move without having a more focused workout, I like to get out the nick junior fit or the just dance because my 4 year old will join me.
  • HomeatWDW
    HomeatWDW Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I was a big fan of Wii Fit and also loved Walk It Out (where you build an island while walking with the hand sensors). Now I used Pokemon Go as my motivator.
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    We just got an xbox 360 with Kinect and a ton of kinect games. They are a lot of fun and some of them definitely get my heart racing. I am doing The Biggest Loser workout one, which is not all that intense. However, last night we were playing Wipeout and I was SWEATING! Just Dance is a fairly decent workout as well.
  • rosiemiddleton94
    rosiemiddleton94 Posts: 28 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    i use wii fit plus, biggest loser and ea active.

best thing with biggest loser is that it has a few recipes for you too do and it tells you what you need and how you do it. it even has the fat, carbs, sugars etc of each recipe aswell.