Question about wanting to drink on diet!?

Options
So I am going home this weekend, I've been away for 4 months. How bad would it really be for my diet to get trashed? I know my favorite drink has a lot of calories and I will want like 4-5 of them (please don't judge we have a good time lol and there will be a DD). Any ideas on how to make this lessen the impact on my diet? Or is a fluke every now and then for a special occasion not a big deal?

Replies

• Breena_Bean5
    Breena_Bean5 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Have a good time!!! Don't worry so much on how bad it is at the time just let loose, gal!

Bust *kitten* in the days after, but have fun in the moment.

Also,
    I heart booze and will NEVER give it up. B)
  • HvymetalMG
    HvymetalMG Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    It's hard to think about anything that can steer you off course when you're eating so healthy. I question things like this all the time, but think of it as a reward. One time won't ruin your diet. And from my experience I've done better when I drink or eat bad here and there then deny myself something for months. Just drink a lot of water in between
  • Jules_farmgirl
    Jules_farmgirl Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    My advice (maybe not the best and other may have better) is to think of the week as a big block of calories.. if you wanna over indulge on the weekend, maybe eat 100cals less a day than you normally would.. what's your drink? Can you substitute with diet or low cal mixes?

I gave up drinking for my first 2 months on here, and since have slowly introduced the odd drink back in, cause they are just empty calories. But I see nothing wrong with enjoying yourself.

Just be ready for the scale to potentially not go down or even up a bit from the water you will retain after your lovely hangover is gone
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Log what you drink and try to stay in calorie budget for the week. One night of drinking (plus eating, not sure if you get drunk munchies) won't derail your progress very much.

You said you know what you're drinking, so this site might be helpful with logging (or choosing less caloric alternatives) - http://getdrunknotfat.com/
  • tiffanyalther
    tiffanyalther Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My advice (maybe not the best and other may have better) is to think of the week as a big block of calories.. if you wanna over indulge on the weekend, maybe eat 100cals less a day than you normally would.. what's your drink? Can you substitute with diet or low cal mixes?

I gave up drinking for my first 2 months on here, and since have slowly introduced the odd drink back in, cause they are just empty calories. But I see nothing wrong with enjoying yourself.

Just be ready for the scale to potentially not go down or even up a bit from the water you will retain after your lovely hangover is gone

This is kind of what I was thinking. . Or maybe try to add some extra exercise in
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I'm going to a year end sort of party this Saturday with pot luck (the beeeest) and then lunch at an Indian restaurant Sunday. This is going to be my lost weekend. Just have fun!
  • shelleyrhoads
    shelleyrhoads Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Vodka soda with lime or lemon.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I don't think "getting trashed" is ever a good idea but there is no reason why you can't drink whilst trying to lose weight.

This what I do to limit the damage;

- Set aside 500-1500 calories for alcohol (depending on how trashed one is getting)
    - Eat low carb on the day I'm drinking
    - Make sure to train hard in the morning and keep activity high on the day
    - Do not eat directly after drinking alcohol
    - Drink spirits straight or with diet mixers
  • chrismellor01
    chrismellor01 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Go for it, kick back, relax, enjoy the moment. It's one or two days out of four months.

If you feel like *kitten* in the morning - remember why :wink: but also remember you had a great time (you did, didn't you).

From experience, it takes me a few days to recover from a heavy night (I'm not getting any younger). What I eat to help the recovery - fried breakfast. My fluid balance is wrecked for a few days and there is a need to eat lots but I know about that and try and avoid it. After a couple of days, I'm back on track.