The Diamond Challenge: Week 1 (Little Diamonds)

Options
Hello Little Diamonds! Welcome to ROUND 4 of the Diamond Challenge!

If you have not already done so, please check your email for steps to getting started! Are you guys ready for an amazing four weeks? You better be!

Now is a wonderful time to renew your commitment to losing those pounds. We are in this together! So, let's get this party started. I will start by posting the question of the day. Remember, you should post your question on your assigned date, and answer the question EVERY DAY!

If you know how, please quote the QOTD in your reply to make it easier to find :-) (If you don't know how, don't worry about it).
QOTD Monday

Okay, not exactly a question, but... complete the following sentence:

"I never thought I would tell a stranger this, but... [something silly or embarrassing]"

My response:

I never thought I would tell a stranger this, but I used to think my mother had superhuman powers. Every time things weren't going so well she would say, "Don't worry, I have Mommie magic". Well, I truly believed that she had magical powers! It was a very comforting thought, growing up poor, to know that I never had to worry since my mother was magical! Lol!

5949987861_f42c2fd154_b.jpg

Replies

• princess_in_power
    princess_in_power Posts: 234 Member
    Options

QOTD Monday

"I never thought I would tell a stranger this, but... [something silly or embarrassing]"

My response: [q/uote]

I never thought I would tell a stranger this, but ... I really don't have anything clever or funny or interesting that I haven't shared! =D
  • morefitmom
    morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    YAAY, So excited to start a new challenge round! New diamonds, you are going to love this. We have lots of fun! Come on RED, let's kick butt!!
  • kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Yay Little Diamonds We can do this
    Red Diamonds lets' loose we can do this

have to think about will update it soon :huh:
    kathy
  • barbara1982
    barbara1982 Posts: 349 Member
    Options

QOTD Monday

"[something silly or embarrassing]"

Hello Little Diamonds!

I never thought I would tell a stranger this, but... for the first time in my life I try to loose some kilos!

Looking forward to the next 4 weeks with all of you! Good Luck to everyone!

Barbara
  • shortee75
    shortee75 Posts: 164
    Options
    Excited and ready for this challenge!!!

QOTD Monday

My response:

I never thought I would tell a stranger this, but when my dad would set the cruise control he would use his knee to steer while holding his hands up so I use to think that cruise control meant the car could drive by itself...LOL
  • brknllama
    brknllama Posts: 113 Member
    Options

QOTD Monday

My response:

I never thought I would tell a stranger this, but I used to think my mother had superhuman powers. Every time things weren't going so well she would say, "Don't worry, I have Mommie magic". Well, I truly believed that she had magical powers! It was a very comforting thought, growing up poor, to know that I never had to worry since my mother was magical! Lol!

,,,,for the first time in my life i feel like i'm actually in control of my life and where it is going.

I moved out of my mom's this past spring and got an amazing job as a pharmacy technician while still going to college. I have actually just realized something at the time in my life where i feel like i'm actually in control of something, i decide to take control of my weight issue also....haha

WELCOME EVERYONE I'm so excited to be apart of Little Diamonds or LD (which kinda makes me want to hop on a short bus lol)
  • miss_jamaica
    miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
    Options

QOTD Monday

when my dad would set the cruise control he would use his knee to steer while holding his hands up so I use to think that cruise control meant the car could drive by itself...LOL

HAHAHAHA!!! That is so funny.
  • lisa_lotte
    lisa_lotte Posts: 216
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I am soooo excited to be a Little Diamond, and I am ready to kick some Butt!!!!!!

I never thought I would tell a stranger this, but... I have tiny teeth and nails (the only parts of me that are tiny :laugh: ) My teeth and nailds look like they belong to a child, haha!!!

GOOOOO REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa :flowerforyou:
  • peanut613
    peanut613 Posts: 438 Member
    Options

Welcome to all the new diamonds, and a big welcome back to the rest of us! Good luck fellow shorties, and especially my red ladies! Let's drop BIG numbers this challenge!

I am scared of the dark. I refuse to have a closet door open at night (I guess I'm convinced that monsters turn to murderers as you age and watch too much Lifetime...lol) When I go to bed at night, I turn on the hall light so I can turn off the living room light, then the bedroom light so I can turn off the hall light, the tv so I can turn off the bedroom light...

My husband teases me. He'll open the closet at midnight and say "Take that!" We joke about it, but seriously...don't open that closet....
  • shortee75
    Options

QOTD Monday

when my dad would set the cruise control he would use his knee to steer while holding his hands up so I use to think that cruise control meant the car could drive by itself...LOL

HAHAHAHA!!! That is so funny.

The joys and innocence of being a child - definitely great imaginations...LOL
  • shortee75
    Options
    I am scared of the dark. I refuse to have a closet door open at night (I guess I'm convinced that monsters turn to murderers as you age and watch too much Lifetime...lol) When I go to bed at night, I turn on the hall light so I can turn off the living room light, then the bedroom light so I can turn off the hall light, the tv so I can turn off the bedroom light...

My husband teases me. He'll open the closet at midnight and say "Take that!" We joke about it, but seriously...don't open that closet....

I am the same way about the closet door :blushing: !

As a matter of fact you just made me think of another "I never thought I would tell a stranger this..." I love scary movies, but my feet CANNOT touch the floor while I'm watching them not even in the theater..yepp my feet are in the seat and even though we always sit at the very top in the theater so no one can sit behind us I have a huge fear that someone will grab my ankle...LOL! My husband and friends love to tease me about this.
  • kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    Options

Logan you got me thinking .
    I am scared of dark too when my BF was out of town for 2 1/2 months my light was on in my living room all the time and i never used to sleep in the bedroom we have a sofa-bed in the living room that was my bed for those 2 1/2 months :tongue:

Kathy
  • morefitmom
    Options
    Excited and ready for this challenge!!!

QOTD Monday

My response:

I never thought I would tell a stranger this, but when my dad would set the cruise control he would use his knee to steer while holding his hands up so I use to think that cruise control meant the car could drive by itself...LOL

lmbo!
  • morefitmom
    Options

So embarrasing, but when I was pregnant with my kids I pissed myself on the regular! I could not control it!:laugh:
  • lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    QOTD Monday

My response:

I never thought I would tell a stranger this, but my black lab, Mindy Lu, is my baby, and "our song" is "Stuck Like Glue" by Sugarland. She gets excited when I sing it to her and we "dance" together.
  • brknllama
    brknllama Posts: 113 Member
    Options

Welcome to all the new diamonds, and a big welcome back to the rest of us! Good luck fellow shorties, and especially my red ladies! Let's drop BIG numbers this challenge!

i do the same way, my closet door has to be closed and also my bedroom door, and all lights are out, because if there are any hint of light, i might see something that i don't want to see....
  • peanut613
    Options
    I never thought I would tell a stranger this, but my black lab, Mindy Lu, is my baby, and "our song" is "Stuck Like Glue" by Sugarland. She gets excited when I sing it to her and we "dance" together.

That's too cute!
  • peanut613
    Options
    You ladies are awesome! I'm so glad we're all silly when it comes to the dark!

Oh, and I can't let my arm or leg hang off the bed while I sleep because there's someone hovering under my bed just waiting to grab it! haha!
  • KPstartingover
    KPstartingover Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    So excited to be a little white diamond - I'll have to come back and answer the question because I'm in a time crunch right now...
  • thebutteredtoast
    Options
    QOTD Monday

My response:

I never thought I would tell a stranger this, but I'm scared to death of anything with huge eyes (porcelain dolls and owls mainly). When I was a little kid my grandma put one of those porcelain clowns on a swing in my room and I woke up in the middle of the night, saw it and freaked out. I haven't liked them since.