NEW.. 5 days and counting.

Options
Hi I'm Jackie. I have been using this site for 5 days now. I am really impressed with it and am enjoying the process. I'm 41 and I know I have a hard road ahead of myself due to my age alone. Is anyone else struggling with their age and weight loss? I was hoping to find some uplifting stories. :)

Replies

• lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Age is just a number, come on let's show them how its done!! Feel free to add me!
  • leahmk67
    leahmk67 Posts: 1
    Options
    I just started too, but found that tracking every single thing that goes into your mouth will help! I lost 3 lbs. the first week by doing that. I learned what I needed to change in my diet in order to stay full and still within the calorie range.
  • iamahealthychick
    iamahealthychick Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hi Jackie.

I am 42 and have a very long way to go. I have been using the site for almost 2 weeks. I am definitely learning a lot and working through many feelings so I can appreciate the feeling of struggling Feel free to add me to your friend list. For uplifting stories, I think there is a 'success' section in the postings, isn't there?
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I'm 41 too.... haven't really thought aout my age being a factor in weightloss.

Been at it for 6 months now, and think I'm doing ok so far...

Oh... can I just add - if anything women our age (and older) should include some good stength training. This is to counter the possibility of osteoporosis -

"..... It's better to prevent any condition than simply to manage it when it happens. Assessing the health of your bone structure and managing your risk for osteoporosis should be an important step you take as you enter middle age. Increase the calcium in your diet, increase the amount of weight-bearing exercise you do - this helps maintain bone density – reduce your alcohol intake and quit smoking..."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/physical_health/conditions/osteoporosis1.shtml
  • fmbarbuto
    fmbarbuto Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Age is just a number, come on let's show them how its done!! Feel free to add me!

Hi Jackie - this is very well said! Feel free to add me! Lots of support and motivation here! :flowerforyou:
  • yogasara
    yogasara Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi- I'm 48 and new to this as well. I think tracking everything is helpful. Good luck. You can add me as a friend I think the support is wonderful.
  • millermichellelea
    Options
    Hey pick me too ----I am in the 41 club :O) welcome and best of luck :flowerforyou: you will do amazing things here. I actually feel skinny most days now......a feat I thought impossible.
  • lbewley3
    lbewley3 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'll be 52 next month and started this healthy lifestyle 2 years ago (guess hitting 50 was part of the motivation). Anyway, I am in the best health of my life and have not let my age hold me back at all.
  • darkdestiny7
    Options
    I'm 32 and already finding it harder and harder to take weight off, and easier to put it on lol. Plus it got harder after having kids. When I got pregnant the first time at 24, I was 100 pounds. After 2 kids, I was 200. I found it pretty hard to get it to come off but with effort and watching what I ate, most of it finally did. Until I slacked a bit and put some back on. Sigh. But I have found that counting my calories really helps put in perspective what I really eat. Good luck and add me if you like :)
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    You can do it Jackie...
    I'm 39 (will be 40 in November) and started last February - you CAN do it... You WILL do it :) Have Faith in your desire to make this happen and dedication to yourself and the site and your friends you make here - you'll get this going in no time :)

C.J.
  • Ortil198
    Ortil198 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, this is my second week using myfitnesspal and I love it. You can add me to your friends we can support each other :smile:
  • jlynnmclaughlin
    Options
    Thanks everyone it's lovely to meet all of you. I have sent friend requests to those that said to! :) I am hoping to find a lot of motivation on here. I think I have a lot of it to give as well.

Stay at it! <3

Jackie