Just hit a healthy weight range!

Options
I AM SO FLIPPIN' HAPPY I CAN NOT EVEN HANDLE IT!

So, I got to within 2lbs of healthy range towards the end of November. Of course, then the holiday season slowed/stalled my progress and when I stood up on the scale at the start of January it looked like I'd put on another 2 lbs. No matter, says I, I'll just get back to trackin' and countin' and I was hoping to have the 4lbs lost by the end of January or first week in February.

Long story short, a ton of it must have been a combo of water weight, sodium and the increase from having taken two weeks off the gym and then gone back (ohhhhhhh, my sore everything...) cause I've been on a ~400cal/day deficit and then I stood up on the scale this morning and OH MY GOD IT'S THE MAGIC NUMBER! I'm out of Overweight and into Healthy Weight! Wooooooooohoooooooooooo!

(Had to quickly reel myself back from the temptation to celebrate with a slice of cake as big as my head, of course, so instead I'm celebrating here with a ton of exclamation marks)

I've still got about 10/15lbs to go before hitting my ideal goal. But knowing that for the first time in almost a decade I'm officially Not Overweight? Feels so so so so awesome :D:D:D

Replies

• AuthorNinja
    AuthorNinja Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    WHOOOT WHOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!! :D
  • poppysierra
    poppysierra Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    YAY!!
  • waterpaintress
    waterpaintress Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    So so good! Happy happy day! Congratulations!
  • rachelr1116
    rachelr1116 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    What a great milestone!! Congratulations! I CAN'T wait to join you there!
  • 88meli88
    88meli88 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    how exciting
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Hip Hip Hooray!
  • slushel
    slushel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!!!!! So exciting!!! Keep up the great work, and way to celebrate without food!!!
  • Mobius71
    Mobius71 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • Maritill
    Maritill Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the good work.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    YAY! Well done, OP!
  • DoneWorking
    DoneWorking Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I would agree that feels pretty exciting and it will help carry you on to maintenance. Good job!
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! It's indeed a fabulous feeling. Great job!
  • Qos_
    Qos_ Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Massive milestone, well earned!
  • alisonworsnop92
    alisonworsnop92 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Well Done!! It has inspired my own fitness journey
  • Snicolej
    Snicolej Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful day ! I have 15 pounds to be no longer overweight and I can't wait
  • Catho36
    Catho36 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Well done, I am so happy for you!
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    I know that feeling! First off, awesome job choosing a sustainable deficit of 400 calories a day. Second, congratulations on reaching that mark!!!!! :D If you haven't already, browse threads on maintenance so you can keep the weight off.
  • BeGrandLike
    BeGrandLike Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Awh, thanks so much for all the congratulations everyone! It's lovely to have a space I can be excited about this- I tend to keep my weight loss journey to myself in my real life, y'know?

I've still got another few lbs to go to hit my final target- I want to get 10-15lbs down into the normal range. Figure I'll see how I feel after another 10, and then decide whether to go for the added 5 or not? So at my slow 'n' steady pace, maintenance is still a few months down the road. But it sure it good to be in that lovely green band in the BMI charts :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!