Checking the Scale

Thoughts on how often everyone weighs in?

Replies

• kallston89
    kallston89 Posts: 29 Member
    I weigh every Monday in the morning. I hit the scale right after using the restroom.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Nearly every morning.
  • newstart7788
    newstart7788 Posts: 29 Member
    Every day in the morning.
  • xxharleyquinnxx
    xxharleyquinnxx Posts: 166 Member
    Every Saturday morning :)
  • cambridgestylist
    cambridgestylist Posts: 37 Member
    edited January 2017
    I log my weight on Fridays, but I check it every couple of days to make sure I'm going in the right direction. Weighing everyday works for some people but it would make me too obsessive.
  • Stella3838
    Stella3838 Posts: 439 Member
    Almost every day and I track in the Happy Scale app, which I really like.
  • Ming1951
    Ming1951 Posts: 514 Member
    I weigh every morning right after using bathroom and before getting dressed.
  • JamestheLiar
    JamestheLiar Posts: 148 Member
    Daily
  • jonjaxmom
    jonjaxmom Posts: 77 Member
    Friday mornings. And maybe on a Tuesday just to check my progress. ;)
  • BonnieDundee78
    BonnieDundee78 Posts: 158 Member
    Every morning (mostly because I still can't quite believe the decreasing numbers on my scales!), but my official weigh-in is on Sunday mornings.
  • robthephotog
    robthephotog Posts: 81 Member
    Once a week is plenty. Your weight fluctuates Way too much for daily checks to be worth it. You can gain/lose up to 5-10 lbs in water weight.
  • jyamiolk
    jyamiolk Posts: 37 Member
    I weigh in once a week on Wednesday. I have my Withings scale linked to trendweight.com which is free and tracks the trends over time.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Every morning
  • Jalexander33
    Jalexander33 Posts: 52 Member
    It varies sometimes once a week sometimes once every two weeks.
  • KatzeDerNacht22
    KatzeDerNacht22 Posts: 200 Member
    I yesterday used my gym's scale, it's supposed to give body fat % , but the reading was really odd, my trainer was unconvinced so we are going to check the fat level with the caliper and measurement tape tomorrow. Weigh was the same as last time though. But I'm on recomp so I guess that's normal...
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    I've been a daily weigher for years now and I track it all in an app (loving Libra if you have an android phone).
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    I yesterday used my gym's scale, it's supposed to give body fat % , but the reading was really odd, my trainer was unconvinced so we are going to check the fat level with the caliper and measurement tape tomorrow. Weigh was the same as last time though. But I'm on recomp so I guess that's normal...

Bodyfat measurement scales are notoriously inaccurate and are influenced by hydration levels. It's best to ignore them unless you can guarantee the same level of hydration when you measure (first thing in the morning is the closest you will get).
  • andrea4736
    andrea4736 Posts: 211 Member
    I'm forcing myself to only weigh once a week. Daily weighing doesn't go so well for me. If I'm up for a day, I feel like I have to adjust what I'm doing even if I'm following my plan correctly. If I'm down, I am tempted to splurge. Lol. I'm a mess with the scale so it's best for me to step away from it except on my weigh-in day (Saturday).
  • Briantime
    Briantime Posts: 175 Member
    Every Monday morning. I used to weigh in every day but the swings were driving me nuts.