Hoping to find Christian friends for encouragement

Options
Jlan11
Jlan11 Posts: 61 Member
Hello, I'm not trying to exclude anyone, but I would really just love to find some friends on here that are Christians for encouragement. I am 6 weeks pregnant but I'm obese so I need to get serious and maintain a healthy pregnancy! My faith is an important part of my life and it would be nice to find friends that feel the same. :)

Replies

• FindingLiz0313
    FindingLiz0313 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    amen, god is good!!!! Welcome, and congrats mama :) Proud of you for being true to who you are and wanting to get healthy for yourself and that little angel <3 Sending you a friend request, yes my faith is strong!!!
  • misserin122
    misserin122 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I too, rely on my faith. Feel free to add me! :)
  • cookiedope
    cookiedope Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me :) and congratulations on your pregnancy! I will add you and your baby to my prayers
  • deeysu
    deeysu Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is my first time looking at the forums and it looks like God has led me here. I am 60 years old, have a lot of weight to lose, and am so relieved that I don't need to make this journey without Christian sisters by my side. My health coach has recommended that I follow a Nutritarian way of eating. I have a torn rotator cuff and my exercise is limited. I really the accountability to keep me on the path. I would be so pleased to have you all added to my friend list. Not sure I know how to do that.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
  • Jlan11
    Jlan11 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your prayers! I'm really mostly worried about my health, this was a completely unexpected pregnancy, and I never lost any weight from my last baby. I'm starting at my highest non-pregnant weight. I already have some joint discomfort and I'm worried that if I gain a ton of weight that I might end up with serious knee problems. I have been praying that the Lord would give me the motivation that I need. Having another baby is probably the best motivation for me, because I truly want to be healthy for my family!
  • cookiedope
    cookiedope Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    jlangton10 wrote: »
    Thank you for your prayers! I'm really mostly worried about my health, this was a completely unexpected pregnancy, and I never lost any weight from my last baby. I'm starting at my highest non-pregnant weight. I already have some joint discomfort and I'm worried that if I gain a ton of weight that I might end up with serious knee problems. I have been praying that the Lord would give me the motivation that I need. Having another baby is probably the best motivation for me, because I truly want to be healthy for my family!

God always sends us exactly what we need if we listen closely and take notice. I'm sure if you take care of your health from here on in both you and your baby will be just fine. We are made to do this!
  • DavidRocketts
    DavidRocketts Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm from Holyhead in North Wales (UK) and am a member of our local Pentecostal church. Happy to team up. Only back a month, although had success with MFP before, just made the mistake of not switching to 'maintenance and staying here :blush: So far lost 7lbs in 4 weeks, with about 21 more to go. Please get your doctors advice on the right fitness programme for you right now, and do not rely on self-made 'experts' here. Mostly advice from experience is valuable but there are also funny ideas floating about too. God Bless, David...
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I'm in Canada and have been a Christian for 40+ years. I decided to lose for the Lord.... Hey that's kinda catchy, lol. Anyway I am down 73 pounds with 25 more to go. Would love to connect with like minded people and support you JLangton10 as well.

I have had two babies and I lost about 40 pounds with my first one (they are grown now). I weighed 175 when I got pregnant and 174.25 before I delivered. My doc was fanatical about my weight. Having said that I just ate normally as though I wasn't pregnant rather than trying to diet per say. Eating normally wasn't normal for me it was what a normal person SHOULD eat. One sandwich for lunch rather than two etc. It was kind of cool to deliver a child and be instantly like 30 or 40 pounds lighter. I honestly can't remember how much thinner I was but it was definately noticable. I never had morning sickness or anything like that so my weight loss was just reasonable healthy eating. You can do this! When baby comes just think of it as a great unveiling, lol. Sending you a big hug.