Determined to love my body

Options
Hello all, I doubt many will read this but the heck. I stepped onto the scale a week ago and was surprised to see the number. 158 lbs. What? I am used to hanging out around 135 or 140. I am tired of feeling sluggish, frumpy, and grumpy. I never want my health to prevent me from pursuing the things I love. I never want my self-confidence to prevent me from loving you body. So here is to being healthy and losing inches!

Replies

• StarshipFighter23
    StarshipFighter23 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I hear you! The only point, aesthetically speaking, of dieting is so that you look good, to yourself, in your underwear. I look terrible in mine and get a bit depressed every time I catch sight of my flabby body. I want to be able to take pride in myself after many years of neglect and learn to love my body as well, so I'm aiming for a 60lb loss and at least 6" reduction on my waist. And I'm going to do it! Then every time I look in the mirror I'm going to think 'you look AWESOME!' and have the best day ever every day...
  • treesloth
    treesloth Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I never want my health to prevent me from pursuing the things I love.

I think you've nailed the best reason right there. Appearance is a great motivator, but wanting to do active things with my kids and not being able to has been pretty depressing. But, that's changing, and I like it a lot better now.
  • sagemarie45
    sagemarie45 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Exactly. Like I'm 21 and I don't like seeing myself in the mirror let alone like going out and trying not to feel chubby. Not to mention like being healthy for my future kids.