Day 6 liquid diet ! 6 pound loss !

Options
So I was very skeptical of a full liquid diet but nothing else seemed to be helping me since I had my fourth baby three months ago. So I eat one smoothie a day, one can of Campbell's soup split into lunch and dinner servings and plenty of juices and water and pissing some days. I have lost about a pound a day so far, so I'm stoked. I have been tempted to just quit but after seeing the scale today I'm determined to do this the full two weeks I planned for and hope to see a loss of 15-20 Pounds ! Then I'll have a 1000 calorie restriction diet for two weeks and then do another two weeks of full liquid diet untill I am at my desired weight. My question is how much should I work out to while on the liquid diet ? I like to do squats, crunches and walking for cardio.

Replies

• jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    This is a horrible idea.

What's your calorie intake at currently before you plan to move it up to 1,000 calories? Sounds insanely low, and MFP doesn't take too lightly on pushing VLC diets.

MFP sets a MINIMUM of 1,200 calories per day, and depending on your height/weight/activity level, you'll most likely be way above that.
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options

I would not advise exercise unless you plan to actually fuel your body properly.

+1
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    To answer your question, you probably should not be working out. You are not properly fueling your body for an effective and successful workout.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    So I was very skeptical of a full liquid diet but nothing else seemed to be helping me since I had my fourth baby three months ago. So I eat one smoothie a day, one can of Campbell's soup split into lunch and dinner servings and plenty of juices and water and pissing some days. I have lost about a pound a day so far, so I'm stoked. I have been tempted to just quit but after seeing the scale today I'm determined to do this the full two weeks I planned for and hope to see a loss of 15-20 Pounds ! Then I'll have a 1000 calorie restriction diet for two weeks and then do another two weeks of full liquid diet untill I am at my desired weight. My question is how much should I work out to while on the liquid diet ? I like to do squats, crunches and walking for cardio.

I've seen some dumb ideas in here, but this one has to be one of the dumbest.

Makes the Easy Mac guy look like a gold star!

Hey! The #EasyMac diet is a thing of genius. And I'd choose it over the liquid diet in a heartbeat.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    If this is a serious post, please reconsider. In addition to the advice above, you had a baby 3 months ago. I really don't know what the extreme rush is. Do you want to be able to pick the babies up? Because the way you are doing things you are going to lose a lot of muscle. If you do reach your desired weight this way, I will tell you, you probably aren't going to like what you see.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    In addition to all of the problems with your plan already brought up, are you breastfeeding your baby? This will all but destroy your milk supply from lack of calories/nutrients.
  • KatzeDerNacht22
    KatzeDerNacht22 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I recommend no working out at all unless you are gonna be eating, the whole plan is too extreme, I know sometimes we get desperate and want things to work faster but this is not the way nor the liquid diet not the 1000 cals! diet, please refrain from such plans and try other ways
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »

I've seen some dumb ideas in here, but this one has to be one of the dumbest.

Makes the Easy Mac guy look like a gold star!

Hey! The #EasyMac diet is a thing of genius. And I'd choose it over the liquid diet in a heartbeat.

the #EasyMac guy is actually not doing too shabbily, hitting his macros, staying within his calorie goals, soaking up all that glorious sodium (lol).

this, on the other hand, is as mentioned above, a pretty horrible idea.

the only thing i see in common is high sodium levels in both (campbell's soup is no joke).
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    this is a recipe for disaster...as after you starve yourself for a week you are going to go back to old eating habits and the six pounds in water weight you lost will come back..
This discussion has been closed.