Recognizing your successes and your failures

Options
I've posted a few thing in the last week or so, but over the last few days I've really been thinking about my successes AND my failures. I'm learning how both are as important as the other.

I started all of this last January at 205 pounds. I was not only fat, but I was also unhappy, I ate poorly and I drank too much. January 4th, I changed all of that. I went into my lifestyle journey with a dedication and resolve to make my life better. I quit drinking, started tracking calories and began talking to and treating myself better.

I was spot on for about 3 months. Then slowly I got complacent. Not totally, but enough so that things started slowing down. At this point I had lost about 30 pounds. It took me another 9 months to lose an additional 25 pounds, and if I'm being honest, I've bounced around with the same 10 pounds for the last 4 or 5 months, really making no progress at all.

I decided this morning, I could let that make me a failure or I could look at the success I've had and use it to motivate me to start fresh. I've had many successes and many failures along the way. The most important thing I've learned in this journey is that weight loss is NOT linear. There are going to be good days, bad days and days in-between. What makes you a success or a a failure is how you react to them. Do you give up? Do you keep going? The choice is yours. I'm choosing to keep going. I've come too far to quit now. I've given up alcohol again and am starting back with the basics. I wish you all success, and the occasional failure...only because I think it makes you a little better, a little stronger and a hell of a lot more resilient. It's up to each of us to decide if we're a success or if we're a failure. Choose to be a success.

2jv40gr2x6gq.jpg
NEW.jpg 39.1K

Replies

• iamjen2000
    iamjen2000 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!!!!!
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    iamjen2000 wrote: »
    You look AMAZING!!!!!

Thank you @iamjen_2000 I'm defiantly working on keeping it going. It's sometimes easy to see only where you have failed. More and more over the last 5-6 months I've realized that weight loss can be a real mind f-ck. Most of the time I still see a fat girl in the mirror. Just takes the brain time to catch up so I'm just going to stay positive and focus on little successes. : )
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, OP! Well done and way to keep at it!
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    You look amazing, OP! Well done and way to keep at it!

Thank you very much.
  • shadowloss
    shadowloss Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Great post, this hit home for me this morning. Thank you!
    You have made outstanding progress and should be so proud of your accomplishments. Good luck on future success and even the failures!
  • Mindiqualls
    Mindiqualls Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I really needed this today. I am starting back after being gone for awhile. Thanks for sharing. Btw, you look amazing!
  • diamondgirl50
    diamondgirl50 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Great post and great work. You look awesome!
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    Options
    Without "quoting" each of your responses, thank you for your kind words. And i'm glad this resonated with a few of you. Too often I think we get caught up in our failures and forget to recognize our successes. My sincerest best wishes to each of you.
  • Catho36
    Catho36 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    "The most important thing I've learned in this journey is that weight loss is NOT linear. There are going to be good days, bad days and days in-between. What makes you a success or a failure is how you react to them." So true, thanks for posting, you look amazing, well done you!
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    You look great!! Appreciate your words of wisdom-thanks for sharing!!
  • julescba04
    julescba04 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You look like a completely different person.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    You've come far... well done on your success! You'll knock it out from here, I'm sure.
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    Options
    Thanks again to each of you who have responded. Sometimes writing your thoughts out is good for the soul. I was SO focused the last few days and feel really good about my choices. Now, I just have to get through a Mexican dinner with my friends tonight with that same enthusiasm. : )
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!