Mom on a mission to have another baby.

Options
Hi everyone. I'm new to this and thought I'd introduce myself. I was recently diagnosed with osteoporosis at the age of 25 and am being told the only way I can have another baby is to lose 45-50lbs. I would love some suggestions on how to stay on track or maybe some exercise ideas.

Replies

• monkeysmum
    monkeysmum Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    i suffer with my joints and find swimming a great exercise i also do wii jogging on trampoline i dont get great distances but it isnt as hard to my joints as jogging on a hard floor

mfp is a good way to keep on track aslong as you keep logging your foods and exercise you can see what foods make you go over calories and learn to cut them back and which you can eat more of you can also see which exercise burn more calories for you but also see which you enjoy more if you like an exercise you will be mor elikely to keep doing it

good luck on getting pregnant and on losing the weight
  • ElizabethRN59
    ElizabethRN59 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    there is a group on here, http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/279044-fit-for-future-families-july-2011

its' all ladies either currently TTC or trying to get in better physical health to TTC later on... very suppotive and helpful.
    Good luck!
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Well - I'd say you definitely have some good motivation!

This doesn't have to be difficult and feel like you're sacrificing everything you like to eat in order to be healthy. My calorie goal is 1200 / day and sometimes I feel like all I do is eat all day! I also don't deny myself things I want - chocolate, beer, pizza, peanut butter - but the key for me has been portion size and moderation. I also exercise almost every day in some way. It's not always a killer workout, but it's SOMETHING.

And that's it. It's steady and it's sustainable. It's something I enjoy doing and something I want to do for the rest of my (hopefully longer) life.

Best of luck to you!!!!
  • sandyfeet10
    sandyfeet10 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Hey girlie!!! I'm sorry to hear about your health issues. I'm trying to lose weight so we can try to conceive as well.

I went to see a nutritionist (it was covered by my health insurance) and I visit her monthly as well as being dedicated to logging everything here on MFP.

I'm eating low carb (100ish grams of carbs a day) and high protein (about 100g a day). I've always struggled with losing weight, but this has been the best and most effective way for me.

Best of luck! Let's lose this, so we can start that baby makin'!!!! :flowerforyou:

Friend me if you like!
  • texaspye
    texaspye Posts: 8
    Options
    I can understand where you are coming from. I too need to be in better shape to carry another baby because of a back problem. I recently signed up for a 90 day health challenge, and it is AMAZING! I have had such an awesome experience with the people and such great results in my weight loss. I wish you all the best in your new lifestyle change!
  • jparsons27
    jparsons27 Posts: 61
    Options
    Swimming is great!

Good luck on your journey of having a baby :) I too am trying to lose some weight before I get pregnant again :)

We can do this!

Jane