Hello

Options
jb28147
jb28147 Posts: 3 Member
Hi everyone,
I am Jennifer, most call me Jen. I have been on this site for 13 days. I set the goal at what I thought was a good goal, about a pound a week. However, when I am done for the day it says I have not ate enough... I do not know what foods I should be eating. I have a 6 year old in the home, who thankfully, has not noticed the no soda in the house. I am honestly at a loss. Any advice I would appreciate.
Thank you

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Eat the foods you like - no special foods needed to lose weight. But be sure you're eating enough of them to get your minimum calories. If you're still under eat more calorie dense foods, skip anything "diet", eat/drink full fat dairy, eat nuts and nut butters.
  • Bridogg72
    Bridogg72 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Eat everything. There are no bad foods only bad diets. Get your macros right and eat under your TDEE and you will be fine
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    "Eat anything and everything" is nonsense. You should be eating mostly nutritious foods, especially while dieting to make sure you are getting enough micro nutrients in your diet. Definitely fit in some of the things you enjoy eating and occasional treats, but for your health you should be getting the majority of your calories from nutrient dense foods.
  • katiepoo22
    katiepoo22 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    My eating now is all about portion control before I just didn't care but now I'm counting calories with this app I've joined the gym and I started last week and already lost half a stone don't starve yourself that's my tip, eat when you're hungry like fruit etc and eat smaller meals good luck
  • jb28147
    jb28147 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I thank you all for the advice, I started this appx 20 days ago and I do random weigh ins at the doctors in 15 days I lost 17 lbs. I have been trying my best to count and keep a log on here on what I am actually putting in my mouth. I am eating more healthier and my biggest pitfall is soda. I asked people not to bring it in the house because I dont want to be tempted by drinking.