Practically Starting Over ... Need New Pals

Options
Over the past few years I lost about 90 pounds. In the past 6 months I have gained about 50. I went through a big move that I wasn't very happy about. Had to leave behind the only friends I've had in my adult life and move back to a place that I hate. Anyway, through all of that came depression and not taking care of myself. Now I'm back to despising what I see in the mirror and I'm not going to take it anymore. I can't let myself get back to where I started because I know I'll give up if I do. So I've pulled myself out of the depression and here I am, basically starting over. Most of my old friends on here are inactive, so I need some new ones along with any and all inspiration, friendship, encouragement and advice I can get. I'll help you out too, I'm good at being encouraging, just not so much to myself. Lol

Replies

• KokoLoco0520
    KokoLoco0520 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi there! If you would like a support buddy and a friendly step count rival, I'm game. :) Let's work hard together for the best versions of ourselves!
  • janellelrupp
    janellelrupp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I just got myself on track 2 weeks ago in hopes to lose 40-50 lbs. I weighed 150 3 years ago on my wedding day and now I'm at 192 after having a baby and staying home. Good luck on your journey!
  • Lizziecollinson
    Lizziecollinson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    HI, I am back on this. I am the world's worst yo yo dieter! Well to be fair I'm not really all that bad, but having lost nearly three stone way back and ending up looking Fabulous and fitting into nice neat jeans I have gradually let the weight slip back on and now I am two stone heavier than I was then.......and I hate myself. I asked Hubby for a Polar A300 at Christmas and he bought one for himself too. I am inspired again, so need buddies to check with to keep my focused. I too have moved away from most of my friends, but no SO far away that I cant go visit them but it means a two hour drive. I am 59 next month, but have not stopped going to the gym or doing activity, it's just that I have been lazy and eating all the wrong stuff. The only comfort I have for myself is that I took ten years to put the two stone back on........now I need to get rid of it a lot quicker!
  • Eriivaa
    Eriivaa Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Life always seems to have a way of throwing us curve balls. I'm so glad that you are trying to get yourself back on the right track. Please feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like, everyone needs those people who can help remind them of the positive and their goals, especially during tough times. :smile:
  • WSOX37
    WSOX37 Posts: 1,611 Member
    Options
    Add
  • areallycoolstory
    areallycoolstory Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. Add me if you like:-)
  • juliesmithbickle
    juliesmithbickle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Count me in would love to partner up with you
  • MscGray
    MscGray Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I shot you an invite - I'm just starting back into it too!! I didn't lose anywhere near what you did, but the small loss I had I gained back when I stopped logging....so I'm back at it. Starting out with reduced carbs and now bumping them up and adding work outs (about 100g) including zumba, yoga and ice cream fitness novices. If you think we would be a match, accept the invite :smile:
  • Destinychngr
    Destinychngr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You can add me
  • gettingittogether15
    Options
    You can add me!