Rowing

Options
Started rowing 3 weeks ago, slowly making progress. Finding its almost a full body work out and loving it. Any others try it out?
y61m5eah6bip.jpg

Replies

• __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Yes, there are several of us. I row 3 to 4 days a week, and am training for my first race. It's great, isn't it? :)
  • jwilson80121
    jwilson80121 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Im finding I love it a lot more than running or cycling. Im doing it 2-3 days a week eventually I'll bump it up to 4 a week but for now I'm happy with it and loving the near full body work out I'm getting.
  • jmkleiven
    jmkleiven Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Love rowing! Great for arms and back and switch your hand positions.. I also do side crunches on it
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I've been rowing as x-training for several years now, I've never regretted buying my C2.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Started about a week, or so, at my gym. Using it as a warm up/X-training before my weights sessions. 3K in 15 minutes. Or so says the monitor.
  • jmt08c
    jmt08c Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I generally do 250m or 500m sprints after my back day; 3-4 of those and I'm completely gassed after lifting.
  • nakedmerrmaid
    nakedmerrmaid Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My rower doesnt track distance : ( It has resistance from 1-8. Rowing at a 3 for 20 minutes is about 260 strokes. Does anyone have ANY idea what distance could be. Roughly. Light to moderate rowing.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,982 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    My rower doesnt track distance : ( It has resistance from 1-8. Rowing at a 3 for 20 minutes is about 260 strokes. Does anyone have ANY idea what distance could be. Roughly. Light to moderate rowing.

As a base of comparison, I do moderate 2k meter sets on my C2 rower with the damper set at 6 and a drag factor of 135 (mid range) which generally take me 10-11 mins at 24-25 spm (strokes per min).

This is a very slow pace but is sufficient to get my HR up to 110-120 BPM for a light cardio workout. I do of course vary the routines and can drop the times down to 9-9.5 mins at 26-28 spm which gets my HR up to 130-150 but doing this too often really wipes me out.
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options

That's pretty much impossible to say, because the amount of power generated during the stroke varies widely from one person to the next. Even at the same stroke rate, one person might pull a 2:15/500m split while the next person might pull at 1:45.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options

That's pretty much impossible to say, because the amount of power generated during the stroke varies widely from one person to the next. Even at the same stroke rate, one person might pull a 2:15/500m split while the next person might pull at 1:45.

This. I can row for the exact same amount of time, at the same resistance, but go "farther" if I'm focused on power and efficiency. Otherwise, I'm just paddling. :)