• suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    on toast

i know i know, crazy recipe :tongue:
  • erinkeely4
    erinkeely4 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Totally love it in tea and oatmeal as well. I also use it as a glaze for oven baked or pan fried fish! Works really well with salmon, along with lemon juice and dill!
  • Felesina1
    Felesina1 Posts: 142
    Options
    A tbsp or 2 of honey per day is recommended by the medical community for a variety of things including wounds, cholesterol/heart issues, stomach ulcers, insect bites, etc.
  • RillSoji
    RillSoji Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Honey is an excellent replacement for sugar in baking.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    I'm a beekeeper and use honey to the extreme! Its great on apples, bananas, in smoothies, drizzled on cereal, even in coffee. I use it a lot to make lip balms and salves also, that I sell on esty....
  • changedoutlook
    changedoutlook Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    i have a cup of warm water, honey (1 tsp) and lime (1 small) every morning, a little before my workout. It kick starts the metabolism, warms your body up and makes skin glow.

Also u can use some in plain yogurt for a facial, helps firm the skin :)

Honey with your morning cereal and milk is good too.
  • gingeriner
    gingeriner Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    i take honey, garlic and chicken broth to mak ea good stir fry sauce.
  • cedarhurst2006
    cedarhurst2006 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I use it to make my homemade granola (honey, oats, walnuts, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, cinnamon). Let me know if you want the recipe. We eat it plain, a snack before or after the gym,or with greek yogurt. I like the crunch! Have to be careful to eat in moderation.
  • Tayla08
    Tayla08 Posts: 94
    Options
    I put it on pancakes instead of syrup!
  • kgagnon7779
    kgagnon7779 Posts: 216
    Options
    The honey doesn't show calories, Low or high? The label is just that of a simple "Fresh Honey"

I have a bottle of fresh and it says 60 cal per TBLS
  • kmparks24
    kmparks24 Posts: 198
    Options
    Ingredients
    16 ounces green beans
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
    1 teaspoon honey
    1 teaspoon onion powder
    Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
    Directions
    Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium heat. Add the beans and blanch them for 2 minutes. Immediately remove the beans from the water and add them to an ice bath to stop the cooking process. Drain.

In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and green beans. Cover, and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Uncover, then stir in the vinegar, honey, onion powder, and salt and pepper, to taste. Cook to desired degree of doneness, about 4 to 6 minutes.

Transfer the beans to a serving bowl and serve.

Serves 4 :)

Per Serving: 69 4 10 1 4
  • garimac
    garimac Posts: 174
    Options
    Honey,
    i like to toss it with chopped sweet potato and roast it. Its good like that or roast it until really soft and puree it with some chicken stock for sweet potato soup, you can even add your tumeric to the soup.

Turmeric,
    has a peppery, warm and bitter flavor and a mild fragrance slightly reminiscent of orange and ginger, and while it is best known as one of the ingredients used to make curry, it also gives ballpark mustard its bright yellow color.

Turmeric comes from the root of the Curcuma longa plant and has a tough brown skin and a deep orange flesh. Turmeric has long been used as a powerful anti-inflammatory in both the Chinese and Indian systems of medicine. Turmeric was traditionally called "Indian saffron" because of its deep yellow-orange color and has been used throughout history as a condiment, healing remedy and textile dye

Here are 20 reasons to add turmeric to your diet:

1. It is a natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent, useful in disinfecting cuts and burns.

2. When combined with cauliflower, it has shown to prevent prostate cancer and stop the growth of existing prostate cancer.

3. Prevented breast cancer from spreading to the lungs in mice.

4. May prevent melanoma and cause existing melanoma cells to commit suicide.

5. Reduces the risk of childhood leukemia.

6. Is a natural liver detoxifier.

7. May prevent and slow the progression of Alzheimer's disease by removing amyloyd plaque buildup in the brain.

8. May prevent metastases from occurring in many different forms of cancer.

9. It is a potent natural anti-inflammatory that works as well as many anti-inflammatory drugs but without the side effects.

10. Has shown promise in slowing the progression of multiple sclerosis in mice.

11. Is a natural painkiller and cox-2 inhibitor.

12. May aid in fat metabolism and help in weight management.

13. Has long been used in Chinese medicine as a treatment for depression.

14. Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, it is a natural treatment for arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.

15. Boosts the effects of chemo drug paclitaxel and reduces its side effects.

16. Promising studies are underway on the effects of turmeric on pancreatic cancer.

17. Studies are ongoing in the positive effects of turmeric on multiple myeloma.

18. Has been shown to stop the growth of new blood vessels in tumors.

19. Speeds up wound healing and assists in remodeling of damaged skin.

20. May help in the treatment of psoriasis and other inflammatory skin conditions.

Turmeric can be taken in powder or pill form. It is available in pill form in most health food stores, usually in 250-500mg capsules.

Once you start using turmeric on a regular basis, it's fun to find new ways to use it in recipes. My favorite way to use it is to add a pinch of it to egg salad. It adds a nice flavor and gives the egg salad a rich yellow hue.