Which Beachbody Program for Bikini Bodybuilding?

Options
2»

Replies

• workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    If you are open to non BB check out Nia Shanks. She has some great programs.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    jvs125 wrote: »
    Really interesting and from your other posts I see you as a great resource!

Now, I'm almost done with Body Beast and I want to continue working out from home because going to the gym is just now part of my lifestyle right now (mom of two young ones, time and money are obstacles to hit the gym and I have a neat little gym at home now).

So.... I now land at 133 lbs, 20%BF and want to bring it down to about 16% while using a good lifting program. I haven't been able to break the 20%BF, ever.

What other program (non beachbody) would you recommend for lifting from home?
    psuLemon wrote: »
    Here is the order I would choose from:

Body Beast --> P90X --> X2 --> Hammer and Chisel -->CLX-->X3.

Coming from doing all of these, I can tell you, they are not nearly as effective as a good lifting program. They are OK, and largely are just a bunch of bro-splits. So they can work, when combined with diet, but they are far from optimal. I only wish I would have started with a good lifting program sooner but I wanted to workout at home.

That is a difficult question without knowing your actual goals (outside of just body fat), time constraints and how long you want to workout. So we don't hijack the OP's thread, you can bring this conversation over to the below thread or start a thread in the bodybuilding subforum: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

• tillerstouch
    tillerstouch Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    ANT98 wrote: »
    SideSteel wrote: »
    Is there a reason you are limited to selecting from P90X workouts?

I'm just curious, thanks!

I am a beachbody coach for now, and I have all the workout programs already, so I want to see to what extent can I use these programs?
    I know bodybuilding.com has great stuff, but I prefer the videos as they are more my style.

If you are a beachbody coach, don't you have training materials that guide you to match programs up with people's goals?

Lmfao!!!!

This is exactly why i hate beachbody and their mlm system. Get untrained people to give advice on exercise and weightlesss even if they dont know anything about what they are saying/selling.
  • andrea4736
    andrea4736 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    You can always do a hybrid of programs. Body Beast and P90X3 and use more of the weightlifting workouts as opposed to the cardio.