Help me please

Options
Hi everyone, so I have a question that's kinda embarrassing to ask. I'm female. After losing some weight seems I lost also my little libido. I wasn't hyperactive to start with and now nothing :'(:'( Has this happened to anyone else? How do you get back to being normal?

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    There are different reasons this can happen. Were you going low fat, very low calorie, or have a low BMI? These are just some of the causes. It may be a good idea to check with your doctor, they can run blood work to check hormone levels.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Yeah, hormones spring to mind. Is your period still regular?
  • FitCurvyFemale
    FitCurvyFemale Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks.
    No I'm still fat and eating lots of fats still.
    Yes re doctors, hormones and periods are regular.
    :'(:'(
  • FitCurvyFemale
    Options
    Eating a good number calories (not far from goal) and BMI still shows in the fat (overweight not obese range). I didn't change too much except start eating less to lose weight. :/
  • GrinnyMae
    GrinnyMae Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Do you have any unusual sources of stress? Honestly, adapting to a new lifestyle is stressful in itself. I'd make an appointment for a thorough check-up-because why not? But I would expect a return to normal in a few weeks.
  • FitCurvyFemale
    Options
    No (at least not that I've noticed).
    No change in the stress (I don't think) that could reduce the libido. Stress is sometimes high sometimes low.
    So maybe wait and see what happens?

What kind of doctor do I see for this issue (the regular doctor thinks it's not a problem)?
    Also what should I ask for in "thorough check up"?
  • GrinnyMae
    GrinnyMae Posts: 55 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    When I go in for a check-up or yearly physical they do some labs, do an examination, we talk a bit about life style and any particular concerns I have regarding my health. I'm sure if you did some internet research you can get an idea what a yearly physical should include. You can also address it with your gynecologist. Mine will ask me about things like this.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Have you started a new birth control? Any other changes?
  • FitCurvyFemale
    Options
    No changes (no pills).
  • Reaverie
    Reaverie Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    How old are you? In my twenties I was pretty much "ugh" at the idea of sex. I had no libido.. no interest in fixing it either! It just seemed like a big waste of time and energy.. like eating and sleeping. Im not sure if thats normal in ones 20's or not, but I didnt get mine back until my 30's. Now I wish it would just go back away. I was having hormone issues in my 20's. Periods were normal but my hormones were wacky. I was also short tempered. Do you have mood swings?
  • MagneticGanymede
    MagneticGanymede Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I lost it when I was depressed, came back when I wasn't depressed anymore. It wasn't weight-loss related though. Are you feeling down? Maybe it's from stress from weight loss? Sorry, I hope you get some more feedback.