dniania Posts: 251 Member
What's your cheat day like

Replies

• fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    No cheat day. No cheat meal.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    no cheat day here - I fit fun stuff (like donuts, pizza, m&m's) into my daily calorie goals
  • Rincewind_1965
    Rincewind_1965 Posts: 639 Member
    I don't see the point in cheating myself.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    i eat at maintenance or over once a week or two weeks. i dont log it. If i go to brunch or out to dinner/movies i have fun live life and work hard the next day. it works for me.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    I guess it could be considered a "cheat" meal, except I'm not cheating. :)

I bank some of my exercise calories during the week, and then use them on the weekend. I never go over my weekly calorie allotment, so it's not cheating. But it sure feels like I am. :)
  • ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Neither. I fit what I want into my calories for the day. We have burgers once a week, I have chocolate when I want it, alcohol on weekends, pizza a few times a month. I eat sensibly - I pay attention to serving sizes, and that's what I have. I don't understand the point of a cheat day/meal - who are you cheating? Why cheat?
  • ibboykin
    ibboykin Posts: 97 Member
    edited January 2017
    I ask myself all the time: "why would I want to cheat because if I do, I'm only cheating myself".
    I'm in this for the long haul. I have no plans or goals of going back. Whether you call it a diet or a nutrition plan, it is a lifestyle by choice.
  • CrabbyCancerMama
    CrabbyCancerMama Posts: 95 Member
    I do plan mine. usually have pizza every other weekend. or if I know there's a party or get together coming up in know I'll eat outside of my norm
  • earthnut
    earthnut Posts: 216 Member
    edited January 2017
    I allow myself up to 4 days a month that i don't have to track calories. This gives me plenty of days for birthdays, etc. I don't always use these "cheat days". They allow me to enjoy the day because i don't enjoy tracking. I still try to eat somewhat healthy, and not overeat too much.

As for specific caloric foods, i usually just work them into my regular calorie goals. I don't have many calories to play with, so that generally means if i want a donut i eat a quarter and give the rest to others. I don't feel good if i eat a whole donut anyway.
  • jcraig10
    jcraig10 Posts: 477 Member
    I try to plan mine out...like the other night I wanted ice cream with peanut butter and a brownie, so I tried to fit it into my calories when I plan out my day. I try to plan my day out the night before and then tweek as needed.
  • whirlyruns
    whirlyruns Posts: 23 Member
    I have date night every Tuesday night. We often go to restaurants. I usually order any entree, but usually skip the bread basket and dessert. Other than that, I stick to my calorie target.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    On Saturdays I do a re-feed which is a higher calorie, higher carb day which I plan loosely. Normally ends up around 2xTDEE calories.
  • KatzeDerNacht22
    KatzeDerNacht22 Posts: 200 Member
    I used to but the whole "cheating" concept is already negative, for me at least, cos it means you are doing something wrong, so instead, and recently I just log any single thing I eat and work with it, if I want pasta I'll have some,depending on how many calories I have left and how are my macros doing I may have less or more.
    When I eat out I can't really log 100% accurately, but I try my best and go with higher calories to be "on the safe side", but I don't eat out much so..

Some very rare occasions I'll have food that I usually don't eat, not cos it's Satan or anything, I just don't wanna eat cookies and stuff like that regularly, so I'll have some every few months or more.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    I don't really do them. I ate what I wanted Thanksgiving and Christmas but didn't go crazy. I go over my cals here and there but I haven't pushed the boat out, so to speak, in 6 months or so. This weekend I have a pot luck party Saturday and lunch date Sunday, and I think I'm going to try and let go of the reins a little. That turns out to be harder than you think after so much habit though.
  • LisaY76
    LisaY76 Posts: 76 Member
    I don't know if I'd call a cheat day/meal. I do indulge in the occasional "sin" foods or alcohol. Mostly I just fit it in with my daily calorie intake but sometimes I go over. No biggie. I make up for it the next day with excersize. I never indulge in super sugary foods though. For me, I found that even the slightest little taste of sugar can send me into a downward spiral of binging on more sugary foods. I'm definitely a sugar addict by nature and cookies are my weakness. There like me potato chips. You can never eat just one. Not saying I don't ever eat sugary junk but I try really hard not to.