mad mad mad

Options
I've been SUPER motivated at the gym and apparently a little too much so as I've hurt my knee...so I'm taking it easy and either not going to just doing upper body....but I want to go and get in some great workouts before I lose my mojo and dont feel the motivation anymore. :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

how do I make it go away?! Its only been a couple of days, Assuming its a pulled muscle or something, so I know if I take it easy it WILL get better, but I'm just impatient. :ohwell:

Replies

• goochinator
    goochinator Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I've been SUPER motivated at the gym and apparently a little too much so as I've hurt my knee...so I'm taking it easy and either not going to just doing upper body....but I want to go and get in some great workouts before I lose my mojo and dont feel the motivation anymore. :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

how do I make it go away?! Its only been a couple of days, Assuming its a pulled muscle or something, so I know if I take it easy it WILL get better, but I'm just impatient. :ohwell:
  • Jennnnnnnny
    Jennnnnnnny Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Have you tried icy hot? or even ice? try gently stretching it before you start doing hard activity on your knee.
  • goochinator
    Options
    Have you tried icy hot? or even ice? try gently stretching it before you start doing hard activity on your knee.

Yes, I love Icy hot!! I've been using that at night and its helped a lot..but I dont it during the day, I fear the smell will send my co-workers out to hunt me down...:laugh:
    I'm trying hot baths, Ibuprofen and pain patches as well...they do work, but its kind of all temporary. I know if I were to work out I'd re-injure it or do something horrendous.
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options

Yes, I love Icy hot!! I've been using that at night and its helped a lot..but I dont it during the day, I fear the smell will send my co-workers out to hunt me down...:laugh:
    I'm trying hot baths, Ibuprofen and pain patches as well...they do work, but its kind of all temporary. I know if I were to work out I'd re-injure it or do something horrendous.
    :laugh: :laugh: BF has had some elbow issues since Friday, I told him it smells like mt grandma's house i the bed room - god bless her!:happy:
  • kimmaboo
    Options
    are you sure its muscular? you might try a brace to see if it helps
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    probably need to go and have a doctor check it out just be sure that it is nothing major. I use tylenol rapid release gel tablets, they work so great. Hope it feels better soon.
  • goochinator
    Options
    That's probably my next step- knee brace. I had one before that worked well whenever I felt a pull or something, so I'll likely try that again.

I do tend to overdo it a bit when I'm REALLY motivated...I forget that I'm not Lance Armstron, Kerry Walsh or Micheal Phelps...my own fault, I need to learn my limitations!! :tongue: