Vegetarian protein ideas

Options
Hey guys, I am vegetarian and always been crazy busy at work! Like ten minutes to grab a quick sandwich. I find that towards the end of the day even if I haven't consumed that many calories it is mostly carbs and fat and not as much protein I should be eating.
Any ideas of quick protein snacks not laced with sugar that I can eat on the go or lunch ideas?

Replies

• CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    For a quick end of day snack, how about a vegan protein powder? Most contain Stevia, but I've found a couple that have no sweeteners at all. Warrior Food is one that comes to mind.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    yea i use vega one all in one nutritional protein powder has 20 grams of protien, 6 servings of greens, fiber, vitamins and minerals, probiotics, and more for 150 calories. I mix that with greek yogurt and its 45 grams of protein.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,994 Member
    Options
    edamame
    greek yogurt or cottage cheese or cheese, if you do dairy
    hard-boiled egg, if you do eggs
  • earthnut
    earthnut Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese
    Eggs
    Tofu & tempeh have the highest protein % of the beans
    Mushrooms are the best of the vegetables
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Tub of cottage cheese followed by fage yoghurt with seeds added.

• FlufferCat
    FlufferCat Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You might want to have a look at a site called Protein Pow.There are tons of recipes for upping your protein intake.There's a vegan section.Many recipes using protein powders could be made without animal products.They make pea,hemp,and rice protein if you won't use whey.
    You could probably make some bars,cookies,or brownies to snack on.
  • amandaann2017
    amandaann2017 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Nuts and seeds - if out and about, pre prepare weighed out amounts into little tiny plastic box containers (available in all the usual places, they are like mini mini mini lunchboxes!) .. or measure amounts into little plastic or paper bags etc... if you have to buy when out, buy smallest pack possible and work out a portion before even opening pack and only have that amount (like guess-timate 1/4 of the pack etc and close up pack and store it before you eat the rest) (or is that just me that would eat it all LOL) ...
    If at home or you have a fridge facilities and eat diary, then Cottage Cheese.. I love Cottage cheese - just as it is...
  • EllieBMackal
    EllieBMackal Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    quorn wraps. easy to make, just prepare it the day before
  • hinnaharis
    hinnaharis Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Boiled Egg and spinach