Got Married and Did Not Log! Gained 7 pounds in 3 days!

So I got married this past Saturday and I didn't log for 3 days. I ate what I wanted and I ate horribly. I will admit. Heck I deserved it. I also drank which I haven't done in months. I gained 7 pounds!!!! In 3 days!!! How is that even possible?? I have lost 40 since the beginning of November and I went right back to the grind today. Maybe it's water weight from sodium? I don't add salt to my food at home and restaurants do of course. Maybe the alcohol? I'm so discouraged. I know I deserved to eat well and celebrate with my family but 7 pounds? Holy moly. Going to drink more water now. Sigh.

Replies

• pldavis10
    pldavis10 Posts: 67 Member
    Congratulations! Don't regret a single second of the last few days. It sounds like you had a great time.

Just pick up where you left off. The first few of those 7 pounds will come off quickly. You know what you're doing - you've got this!
  • tapwaters
    tapwaters Posts: 428 Member
    Water weight.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,967 Member
    It is just water weight. Don't let it get you down. Just get back on track and it will be gone soon. Congrats on the wedding.
  • hapa11
    hapa11 Posts: 182 Member
    Who cares!!! Congratulations!
  • vanmep
    vanmep Posts: 406 Member
    You would have had to eat 8100 calories over maintenance for each of those three days. That sounds impossible to me. It will be interesting to see what happens in the next week
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    I gained 8 pounds on my honeymoon, and a little over a week later I was back to where I was pre-wedding.

Congrats on your marriage! Don't stress the gain. It's mostly water, and will disappear quickly when you get back to plan. :)
  • So I got married this past Saturday and I didn't log for 3 days. I ate what I wanted and I ate horribly. I will admit. Heck I deserved it. I also drank which I haven't done in months. I gained 7 pounds!!!! In 3 days!!! How is that even possible?? I have lost 40 since the beginning of November and I went right back to the grind today. Maybe it's water weight from sodium? I don't add salt to my food at home and restaurants do of course. Maybe the alcohol? I'm so discouraged. I know I deserved to eat well and celebrate with my family but 7 pounds? Holy moly. Going to drink more water now. Sigh.

a lot of it is water weight. You'll be okays!, stick with it. And yes you did deserve it! Congratulation
  • jomariewill
    jomariewill Posts: 35 Member
    vanmep wrote: »
    You would have had to eat 8100 calories over maintenance for each of those three days. That sounds impossible to me. It will be interesting to see what happens in the next week

Yeah there is no way! Even when I say I ate like *kitten*, I still made better choices than normal, just ate some fried foods and drank a bunch of wine hahaha.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Congratulations on the 40 lbs loss!!
    @jomariewill
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Carbs hold a lot of water, so when you eat more carbs than you normally do you will see big swings in your weight that seem to be more than they should be based on the calories. After a few days those carbs will turn to fat which will be stored, but the excess water will make its way out of your system, bringing your weight closer to where it was before you ate too much.
  • Makeitso39
    Makeitso39 Posts: 51 Member
    Congratulations! If you can't overeat at your own wedding, when can you? It'll come off soon enough; don't stress it!
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Water weight.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Carbs hold a lot of water, so when you eat more carbs than you normally do you will see big swings in your weight that seem to be more than they should be based on the calories. After a few days those carbs will turn to fat which will be stored, but the excess water will make its way out of your system, bringing your weight closer to where it was before you ate too much.

I don't buy this.

Any excess food over her TDEE will cause weight gain, not just the carbs.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Water weight.

This.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited January 2017
    You're pregnant

:)

(Congrats on getting married).
  • jomariewill
    jomariewill Posts: 35 Member
    Bahahahahahhaha I can't even say what my husband says the 7 pounds is LOL (face palm)
  • lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    Girl u just got married ! Who's even thinking about weight right now. Enjoy your first month in moderation - eat, drink and be merry or in ur case married :)
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    No you didn't. Drink a lot of water and cut out processed foods and sugar and you'll be back to pre wedding weight in a few days.