Not Enough Calories

Options
I'm having trouble meeting my calorie goal... I've been eating around 900 calories a day, but I haven't been restricting. I'm always satisfied at the end of the day and don't feel like I need any more. I know I need to eat more though especially consider that MFP won't let me complete my food diary as I'm under the recommended calorie intake. If it helps, I'm a vegan so I can only eat vegan foods obviously.

Replies

• Missyann52
    Missyann52 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am having the same issue. I'm not vegan but eat plant based with some dairy occasionally.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Are you accurately weighing your food and using correct entries? If not, then you could be eating more than you think.

If you ARE being accurate, low volume calorie dense foods such as avocados, nuts, and nut butters will bring your calorie count up significantly.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    1. Are you eyeballing portions? If so you may be eating more than you think. Many calorie dense foods can be difficult to eyeball or measure properly.
    2. Are you using correct database entries? Avoid "generic" or "homemade" entries as they are user entred and often wrong.
    3. If you are really eating only 900 cals and are sure of your logging, focus on calorie dense foods (which will also likely get more protein and fat into your diet as well) like nuts, seeds, avocados, olives, grains, beans, coconut, olive oil, nut butters, etc.
  • fat997
    fat997 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think she's accurately measuring food. I find 900 calories to be filling enough for a day, also, honestly.
    If you're concerned about how long your calories are, add calorie dense food (like kimny said). Things like oil that don't fill you up
  • BlakeRudolf31
    BlakeRudolf31 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I would try adding in a protein shake to your day! There are plenty of protein powders out there that are certified vegan. It's an easy way to add ~200 calories to your day!
  • brewerfan13
    brewerfan13 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    1 serving of Easy Mac is 230 calories and can be made in 3 minutes and 30 seconds and eaten in a shorter time period.

Otherwise a few scoops of peanut butter should do
  • DoneWorking
    DoneWorking Posts: 247 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
  • earthnut
    earthnut Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Eat more fat.