Fruits and natural sugars

Options
How much natural sugar do you guys recommend I eat each day? I only eat sugars from natural foods (mostly fruit) but I think I'm consuming too much. On a typical day I'll have 60-70grams worth of sugar. Is that bad? Btw I eat a lot of fruit, it's freakin delicious

Replies

• ibboykin
    ibboykin Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I go over my DV% every few days but it is all natural....i.e. Fruit. I think the fiber, other healthy nutrition you get from whole fruit far outweighs the sugars...why else would blueberries be one of the top ten foods for diabetics.
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    ibboykin wrote: »
    I go over my DV% every few days but it is all natural....i.e. Fruit. I think the fiber, other healthy nutrition you get from whole fruit far outweighs the sugars...why else would blueberries be one of the top ten foods for diabetics.

To sell blueberries.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    How much natural sugar do you guys recommend I eat each day? I only eat sugars from natural foods (mostly fruit) but I think I'm consuming too much. On a typical day I'll have 60-70grams worth of sugar. Is that bad? Btw I eat a lot of fruit, it's freakin delicious

Little enough that you can still meet your protein and fat goals (including important sources of healthy fats like nuts, seeds, fatty fish, etc.), get in a good amount of vegetables, and stay within your carb goal if you care about that.

Beyond that, I've seen nothing suggesting that it matters.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

Little enough that you can still meet your protein and fat goals (including important sources of healthy fats like nuts, seeds, fatty fish, etc.), get in a good amount of vegetables, and stay within your carb goal if you care about that.

Beyond that, I've seen nothing suggesting that it matters.

What she said.
  • alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    ibboykin wrote: »

To sell blueberries.

Doctors are paid off by Big Blueberry.

I knew it
  • MagneticGanymede
    MagneticGanymede Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Your food diary looks really healthy. If it bothers you to see that your sugar column is "red" at the end of the day- you could go to settings and change it so you can't see sugars. I'm finding it easier to take some of those columns off so I don't get too caught up in the details.
  • earthnut
    earthnut Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    you could go to settings and change it so you can't see sugars. I'm finding it easier to take some of those columns off so I don't get too caught up in the details.
    How do you do that? I use the Android app and i don't see a way to do that in settings. I'd rather just see my macros.
  • MagneticGanymede
    MagneticGanymede Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    @earthnut I don't know about the android app, sorry, but if you login at a desktop: home/ settings/ diary settings/ nutrients tracked.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    I only eat GMO sugar. That natural stuff needs help.

All the Monsantos for the win.

(Hint: there's no such thing as GMO sugar, but if there was, I'd be all over it.)
  • jacquelinezng151
    jacquelinezng151 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!!!