Options
jrolfes
jrolfes Posts: 15 Member
Anyone know how to log 60 min of ZUMBA?

Replies

• ♥BETHANY♥
    Options
    https://sites.google.com/site/zumbacaloriesburnt/

THIS IS THE WEBSITE TO HELP FIND OUT HOW MANY CALORIES AND THEN YOU ADD IT IN YOURSELF :)
  • juliejem
    juliejem Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I figured out how many calories I'd burn in an hour of aerobics class and just created my own exercise for Zumba. Or you could just log aerobics. Mine certainly is aerobic! I left one day and bumped into a friend in the hall who thought I'd just gotten out of the pool!
  • Curvygoth
    Curvygoth Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Depends how active you are during it. I throw myself into it and we have some fast and furious set pieces so I class it as high impact aerobics. I'd be keen to know if there is a more accurate measure - but I assume each class will be different
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Best bet is your own HRM, but this site is pretty accurate. I have burned anywhere from 500-700 so far.

http://sites.google.com/site/z​umbacaloriesburnt/
  • Curvygoth
    Curvygoth Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Useful link - thanks. Just checked it out and it seems I have been underestimating my calories burnt. That;s great news
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I log it as aerobics - high impact. That must be close, at least for me, because I've been losing at about the rate I should.
  • h64em
    h64em Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I use a HRM as its the only way to get an accurate measurement. I went on the site mentioned above and it had my cals burnt at a good 100 over what I actually burn. It all depends on how good you are, how your feeling on the day, the teacher, too many variables. If using that site, just dont eat back all your calories!! In the long term a HRM is the best investment for all exercise.

Enjoy the Zumba though, its great fun! :)
  • proverbs31chick
    proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Aerobics general or dance.