Query - No. of water glasses

Options
How many glass of water you drink in a day ?

Replies

• pboceo
    pboceo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    6 - 8 a day
  • Li6erty
    Li6erty Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    ~3L I think. I've built up to this amount over awhile. Rather than individual cups, I prefer having a large bottle (~1L, BPA free) and sipping away at it over the course of the day, refilling when necessary.

Good luck
  • Bmeyer13
    Bmeyer13 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have been drinking 80-100 ounces a day now for the past month. Was hard to get it all down at first but it's starting to become easier. Noticed it has helped with hunger and general well-being as well.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    At least 64 oz, or 2l
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    I usually have 8 or so mugs or glasses of fluids daily, more in summer or after/during activity. I'm uncomfortable with the concept of drinking water/fluids in a ratio to your weight, this may stress ones kidneys/bodies salt balance. I would say it is advisable to drink apx the 8 glasses to avoid dehydration but if you feel good drinking more do and if you don't, don't. I believe it is all about doing what is right for you and that can be very different to someone else.
  • ZephieC
    ZephieC Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I aim for 100 ounces. I use an app that asks me every hour if I have had anything to drink. I keep a 24 ounce water bottle at home and work that helps me be conscious of the amount too. I also found it hard to get started but feel really great now that it is becoming a regular thing.
  • stewartmisty88
    stewartmisty88 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Im doing the 30 day water challange....1 gallon OR MORE a day. I fill up a gallon of water in a jug and its gone by 5 in the afternoon. I continue drinking water until bed....ESPECIALLY if i feel hungry past 7.
  • Stella3838
    Stella3838 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I'm at 100 - 112 oz typically a day, plus the occasional black coffee and hot teas with no sugar.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    In the past I've read that you take your weight divide in half and that's the number of ounces you should drink a day...this made sense to me as it adjusted based individual size.
  • Reaverie
    Reaverie Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Usually 6-8 and this is natural for me. Before I started this weight loss journey I was a huge water fan. Last few days though I seem to be having trouble choking down 4. But I also increased my exercise and hurt every where so this may be the culprit.
  • marianela2054
    marianela2054 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    1/2 -1 gallon per day
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    suruda wrote: »
    In the past I've read that you take your weight divide in half and that's the number of ounces you should drink a day...this made sense to me as it adjusted based individual size.

So people who weigh themselves in pounds need to drink more water than people who weigh themselves in kilograms, and people who weigh themselves in kilograms need to drink more water than people who weigh themselves in stone?