Geekdom/Marvel - lonely!

marvelboy11
marvelboy11 Posts: 38 Member
Hullo everyone, I hope you are all having a good day, or at least plan on whuppin Wednesday later!

Just a quick pondering as I've done some searches and found limited results. Is anyone particularly into Marvel? That can be across the comics and films really. I suppose it could evvvvver extend into the darkside of DC haha. All Image and Vertigo fans welcome too :)

I'm pretty new here but already found some lovely people to help support me on the eating side but wouldnt do any harm to buddy up with folk who have similar tastes too :)

D x

Replies

• HoldTheDoor13
    HoldTheDoor13 Posts: 172 Member
    Huge Marvel fan, also thoroughly enjoy much of image, vertigo, darkhorse, topcow etc. have yet to fully engage with DC but like what I have read from them.

Some personal favourite comics include Xmen, Inhumans, Runaways, Preacher, The Boys, Invincible, Saga and TWD. My favourite writers are probably Ennis, Ellis, Gaiman, Moore and Kirkman. Artists I like John Romita Jr, Gabrielle Rodroguez and Kirby.

Big cosplay fan too- last year for Comic con I did a gender bent Comedian. Great fun.

What are your favourite Marvel comics?
  • marvelboy11
    Thanks for replying @HoldTheDoor13 :) and Cutaway haha

Im going through a mission just now of reading every Marvel comics from late 90's onwards. Currently sitting around 2009 just now but I'm loving it. Not just the big arcs, everything haha. So although I try to focus on Marvel just now (my brain is too small to make room for DC, its not that im against it in any way!), I like to try other titles too if you ever recommend any?

From your list, I really enjoyed Runaways. Some Xmen stuff has been good (Rise and Fall of Shiar emprire stands out for me). I love Ennis stuff on Punisher and I'm a huge fan of Ellis (agents of HATE, newuniversal and Moon Knight).

To answer your question, ones that tick most boxes for me are Cap, Avengers naturally then follow suit and Daredevil. Exiles was a great concept too as was Planet Hulk. I've also had a guilty pleasure of Sentry lol.
    Huge Marvel fan, also thoroughly enjoy much of image, vertigo, darkhorse, topcow etc. have yet to fully engage with DC but like what I have read from them.

Some personal favourite comics include Xmen, Inhumans, Runaways, Preacher, The Boys, Invincible, Saga and TWD. My favourite writers are probably Ennis, Ellis, Gaiman, Moore and Kirkman. Artists I like John Romita Jr, Gabrielle Rodroguez and Kirby.

Big cosplay fan too- last year for Comic con I did a gender bent Comedian. Great fun.

• estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Big fan of Daredevil and Spider-Gwen. I've been a Batbooks fan for years, but DC's "New 52" has kind of lost me. Rebirth is better, but hasn't hooked me the same way. I write fanfiction as Esther-Channah on ffnet and Dragonbat on AO3.
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member

I think I'm in love!
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited January 2017
    I only read the Infinity Gauntlet series as a youth. However, I loved it and am very excited when, a long time ago, learned they were making the movies.

Also, I always like Spider-Man.
  • marvelboy11
    Big fan of Daredevil and Spider-Gwen. I've been a Batbooks fan for years, but DC's "New 52" has kind of lost me. Rebirth is better, but hasn't hooked me the same way. I write fanfiction as Esther-Channah on ffnet and Dragonbat on AO3.

Thanks Esther, I'd love to have a read of some at one point! Not hit Spider-Gwen yet but heard good things!
  • marvelboy11
    We were cool and then you lost me at the puppy dog filter

Cheers Megan, I will point out its not just any puppy dog filter. It was the rebel puppy dog filter. This counts as doubly lame :)
  • marvelboy11
    cee134 wrote: »
    I only read the Infinity Gauntlet series as a youth. However, I loved it and am very excited when, a long time ago, learned they were making the movies.

Also, I always like Spider-Man.

Its a great series and pops up time after time! Thanos is pretty badass and whenever Jim Starlin got a hold of him, good things happened :)
  • marvelboy11
    edited January 2017
    Do you even bathtub?

The pond shall suffice.