i am having a really hard time

femmerides
femmerides Posts: 843 Member
edited September 29 in Motivation and Support
okay so i have been working hard to lose weight since may and have successfully lost about 30lbs. i'm now in a size 12/14. i have a big obsession with the scale so a few days ago i decided it was time to ditch the scale and just focus on exercise and eating healthy.

i have been staying in my calorie range and working out about an hour a day. However, i have been eating more carbs. BECAUSE of this i feel gross, fat, bloated, icky, etc. i feel like i'm getting fatter and since i'm not weighing myself i feel like i'm at 200lbs again even though just a few days ago i was 191.

i don't know how to get over this funk! next week i go back to my 8 miles a day routine so i know i'll feel better then. i just feel like total crap. ugh.

okay, that's my rant for the day.

Replies

• xomakaxo
    xomakaxo Posts: 86 Member
    I always feel like eating carbs, but the problem with those is that they're so high calorie, and usually don't fill me up. If you keep reaching for carbs, make sure your house is stocked with easy veggies-- celery, carrots, jicama, whatever is your favorite. If you do eat carbs, add some kind of veggie to it so you fill up with SOME nutrients. :D
  • femmerides
    I always feel like eating carbs, but the problem with those is that they're so high calorie, and usually don't fill me up. If you keep reaching for carbs, make sure your house is stocked with easy veggies-- celery, carrots, jicama, whatever is your favorite. If you do eat carbs, add some kind of veggie to it so you fill up with SOME nutrients. :D

i always have fruits and veggies but lately i've been eating more sandwiches for lunch when i usually do salad or something.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,423 Member
    You already have the answer on your ticker:
    One day at a time, one mile at a time, one pound at a time.

And can I add, one meal at a time. Don't stress about all the meals to come, just take control of what you are eating right now!
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    You are doing so great. Maybe try a little protein when you want the carbs... Or try a great rereshing drink. Try something else first and see if that craving goes away before you go down that path. Really you are doing wonderful and should focus on your success!
  • femmerides
    thanks everyone! i think i've actually figured out why i've been feeling so crappy lately. it's because i haven't been sleeping well. so last night i went to bed early and didn't wake up until 8 this morning and i must say...I FEEL FABULOUS! i also finally caved in and weighed myself and i'm at 193.6lbs. i seriously thought i would be at 198 or worse. lol. so i'm still in the range i've been for the past 2 weeks. 191 - 193. lol. oh well. just keep pushing forward. thanks for all the support you guys! i love all the help and support everyone offers on this site. :-)
  • skipping the scale is nice, but I only do it once a week. If you skip it completely, you lose track of what days you gained or lost weight. Clothing sizes take forever to change, and body image takes even longer, so watching the scale is really the best way to figure out if you're accomplishing your goals. Go back to the scale. Its just a little plastic and metal. It won't bite.
  • Carbs are not the enemy, simple carbs are! Your body needs carbs, but stick to the complex ones (whole grains, fruits, etc.). :-)
This discussion has been closed.