Need Supportive Friends

Options
Hi all! I just re-joined today. On Tuesday, January 3rd, I was leaving work and almost fainted on the way to my car. Long story short, they found two pulmonary embolisms. The doctors told me I'm lucky to be alive. The blood clots were so large, they had started causing the right side of my heart to enlarge. After being in the hospital for nine days, having a clot buster through IV that could have caused me to die in itself based upon the circumstances, 19 injections of Lovenox in my stomach and numerous holes in my veins from the docs taking blood trying to figure out why I got blood clots ( I wasn't at risk for them), I'm ready to get healthy. There's nothing like almost dying to let you know that it's time to take care of yourself. I just turned 40 and I'm not ready to leave this world yet. I'm looking for supportive and motivational friends to share this journey with. I wish you all the best!

Replies

• suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    Hello! Welcome to MFP...that had to have been super scary! Feel free to friend me, I try to be supportive and motivational!
  • JKSpoons
    JKSpoons Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    So glad that you're taking care of yourself. You're right - nothing like a terrifying health scare to get you motivated. Wishing you all the best!
  • atiana19
    atiana19 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    hello and welcome ... feel free to add me as we go on this journey to wellness
  • carmel199
    carmel199 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me glad that you are ok.
  • phil6707
    phil6707 Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    welcome back!
    Feel free to add me
  • NatashaTM
    NatashaTM Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I just came yesterday. Feel free to add and we can push through this together!
  • MissUnperfect8258
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Sending requests now.
  • purdysmile03
    purdysmile03 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Welcome Back, feel free to add me
  • kerrold
    kerrold Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Crikey what a start to 2017! wishing you a happy rest of 2017 and like you say no time like the present to start making improvements in your life. good luck with everything :smile:
  • dawnasaurusrex
    dawnasaurusrex Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You are more than welcome to add me. I'm glad you're alright!
  • stephanierae07
    stephanierae07 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me I try to post daily
  • whiskeykittentoo
    whiskeykittentoo Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me - I am 41 (42 soon) and have promised myself that I will be even healthier and fitter than I was in my 20's.
    I'm on daily and have a great bunch of friends on here who have helped me a great deal.
    I've been on MFP for 2 months, but started LCHF recently and already seeing results.

• ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Same, feel free to add me. I need motivation to log my calories every day.
  • kimberlymoss3
    kimberlymoss3 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like, we have to support each other and take care of ourselves.
  • MissUnperfect8258
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm sending requests now.
  • EllaLeahB
    EllaLeahB Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    How scary, i'm glad you're OK. I'm glad you chose to turn things around and get healthy. Free to add me, here to give support as well as receive it. May 2017 be the year of change for you.