Sabotaged workout

Options
So I have been doing this particular workout program for four weeks now, and and today I felt too tired to complete the workout, it didn't feel this hard even the first time I did this.. I really thought I was making progress as I was getting better at it everyday and this happens! What could possibly be the reason for this? Is it unusual to not be able to complete the regular work out that I do all of a sudden?

Replies

• richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    How many days a week do you work out?
  • shruthu_2996
    shruthu_2996 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    6?
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    How often do you workout?
    What is your workout plan?
    Are you eating enough? You can't expect your body to run if you don't give it enough fuel.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    25% of your workouts will be great, 25% will suck, and the rest will feel average.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    You probably need a rest day. Or maybe you're not eating enough calories to sustain the workout. If I cut calories too low my workouts always suffer.
  • shruthu_2996
    Options
    I'm currently doing Shaun T's focus T25 and I included an upper body superset workout, and i didn't have any trouble with it in the past four weeks, and also, is it possible that I'm feeling weak because I have a cold? Plus I'm on my period.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing Shaun T's focus T25 and I included an upper body superset workout, and i didn't have any trouble with it in the past four weeks, and also, is it possible that I'm feeling weak because I have a cold? Plus I'm on my period.
    A cold will very much do it. You need to let your body rest and recoop, especially if you're sick.

Again, are you eating enough?
  • shruthu_2996
    Options
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure am eating enough, I don't count my calories for losing weight, I just make sure I'm eating healthy.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

of course...

also as others have asked...are you eating enough to support your activity?
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Having a cold and having your period are both likely reasons. Make sure you're eating enough, and rest when your body needs it.
  • jagodfrey08
    jagodfrey08 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Trust me, it's the horror-mones. I totally felt like that yesterday with my workout. Just take a day to regroup and get back at it. Hormones suck, and the bloating and exhaustion doesn't help. Add in having an illness on top of that, and you're setting yourself up for disaster. Your body needs rest and recovery. Drink plenty of fluids, give yourself a break, and then get back and hit it hard when you feel better.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    You are sick, TOM, working out daily, and possibly undereating, and you're asking why one workout was difficult? You've answered your own question!

I say possibly undereating because you don't know how much you're eating. Eating healthy foods is different from consuming adequate energy. Many people who say they're eating healthy but don't track their calories or macros often are not eating enough to sustain their activity level.

Rest.
    Get better.
    Eat more.
  • shruthu_2996
    Options
    Trust me, it's the horror-mones. I totally felt like that yesterday with my workout. Just take a day to regroup and get back at it. Hormones suck, and the bloating and exhaustion doesn't help. Add in having an illness on top of that, and you're setting yourself up for disaster. Your body needs rest and recovery. Drink plenty of fluids, give yourself a break, and then get back and hit it hard when you feel better.

Thanks ✌ I feel much better ✌
  • ajwcyclist2016
    ajwcyclist2016 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    It is not possible to feel as fresh as daisy on every work out you body will have quite a high training stress load , plus the cold and period will also not help. Your body is simply saying you must be joking I've got enough to do. You are also losing weight so it is possible you're under fueled so maybe just a touch up your intake ,especially when under the weather
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Our bodies, despite what we want, are not machines. You have to deal with the body you have that day and spoiler it's not always the same body. Do the best you can. Not ever workout will be amazing, but it doesn't invalidate the work because you don't feel good. The work is the work and will speak for itself.